To America's Corps

Your performance in Atlanta just made my day! No matter what happens this year with final placements...you are a smashing success and I love it!!! So where is the link to make a donation???

I agree 100%. I have the same feeling about SCV's show this year as well.

PS: Please work hard and clean your show....don't let anything stand in your way. Kick the door down. :thumbup:

It has been a great year so far. Here's to many, many more! :thumbup:

Edited by TerriTroop

GO YOU GOOD THING!!!

I love and miss you all!! Congrats on an amazing season to both members and staff, I am so proud of you all!!!!

No need to do a simple bump...there's a lot that could be said.

It's been 23 YEARS since the Troopers made finals. That's before any of the current members of the Troopers or any other corps were born! So what we have here is possibly one of the biggest stories of the last decade related to drum corps.

Four years ago this corps went belly up and it appeared that another iconic corps might slip into the graveyard of the greats. It was a sad moment because the memory of legends were tied up in this corps. Legendary people, legendary performances, and legendary stories. This wasn't a small event.

But...alas Mr. Mike Ottoes accepted the challenge of attempting to bring this corps back from the dead and brought in Fred Morris to help resurrect them. Together they have assembled a first class staff and hung onto a number of first class volunteers to do something that is just short of miraculous.

We are watching history here folks. We are watching the Troopers perform a first class show with the legends of The Long Blue Line looking on with grins from ear to ear. I only hope that this year's corps can finish it out. Either way, this is just plain exciting to watch the upward trajectory of America's Corps.

Sidebar: This particular thread really should be on the first page for the remainder of the season as a tribute to the many who came before and to those who are on the field today.

Congrats to Troopers. What an awesome story. I first saw the Troopers (at least my first memory of seeing the Troopers) at DCI Finals in 1973 in Whitewater. Still gives me goosebumps to see them enter the field.

I was also present at the Friends of DCI breakfast last year when Troopers performed. Not a dry eye in the house.

Again, congrats. Enjoy this moment - you deserve it.

It was an even longer drought for the Blue Stars (last year was their first finals appearance 27 years f I remember correctly). If they can do it, why not the Troopers?