Corp Cell Phone Policy

Do cavies still have that rule? it seems like with such an influx of technology the past few years, it'd be impossible to do that, esp with the whole twitter thing... but perhaps that's just one person... an inside job....

hmm....

lol idk what this cavie talk is about, ive txted friends in the cavaliers all summer. haha and they werent on freedays

I was just reading their audition material/information book and it says no cell phones on tour the staff has them if you need anything. Changed their mind I guess?

The Cavaliers, to my knowledge, still discourage cell phone use on tour as a way to increase the camaraderie between members. Generally, the guys will borrow a staff member/volunteer's phone if they need to make a call after the show or during down time (Of course, if an emergency arises the members are given whatever is needed to help them get in contact with friends/family/etc). I also believe that the Junior Officers are allowed to have Cell Phones on them, but I'm not sure on that one. In any event, while I still believe that they do restrict phones while on tour, I'm sure that with the technology available today that some have atleast attempted to find a way to circumnavigate the rules.

Hmm... I don't see how restricting cell phone use promotes camaraderie... we never had a problem developing it when I marched and we had no cell phone rules. The only reason I can think of would be if you have a problem with members texting or twiddling with them during rehearsal time, but when you're marching at this level everyone understands when it's appropriate and when it isn't so even that wasn't a problem.

Edited by MagicBobert