Can the Blue Devils break 99.15?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree for sure. A dirty show isn't going to get a 99.15, and BD definitely isn't dirty. But innovation is DEFINITELY weighted in, especially nowadays.

I'm looking for the innovation caption on the judges sheets............ I can't find them!

:thumbup:

Effectiveness is the main criteria that judges comment on (especially GE). I don't think innovation is weighted quite to the degree you claim it to be.

So in your opinion then Devil's should have won last year? Two PERFECT 30's in Visual last year... as for as I know that has never been done before.

(I know you meant 20.)

They did get three perfect scores at Semis (although technically one was half of a GE panel), but you forgot the other half: They have to sweep the captions. They did get one perfect score on Finals night but can't drop a single caption if you want to hit 99.

If BD's show this year isn't innovative, who's is??

One of the criteria for being in box 5 range (over 18.0 in a caption) is pushing the activity forward, or leading the way to new grounds.

they should NOT.

not really that innovative a show.

not a lot of drill besides great opening block rotation.

My guess is 96.8

I think they'll definitely break 97... I expect 98.XXX

One of the criteria for being in box 5 range (over 18.0 in a caption) is pushing the activity forward, or leading the way to new grounds.

Well than there's certainly some 18's floating around that are flying fast and loose with the words "new ground". Maybe "new" to them, but probably not even that.

Sure, BD's show is clean, but is it as demanding as other shows? No.

I hope Crown passes them in the two days of Allentown.

Their show is much more demanding, and more exciting.

Ugh. 1st post huh? :drool:

BD's show isn't as demanding, but is more effective. This is where the "great divide" is. :thumbup:

Sure, BD's show is clean, but is it as demanding as other shows? No.

I hope Crown passes them in the two days of Allentown.

Their show is much more demanding, and more exciting.

Agreed! :thumbup:

I just have a question for all the crown wagon fans.....what makes there show so great.....do they sound good yes but if that was the only thing need scv sounds amazing this year and phantom is louder so i just don't see why crown is popular this year....are they good yes....but so are the scouts....and actually on a entertaining level i think the scouts are in my top 3 but thats not what the judges look at and they shouldn't......bd is crazy clean....and in my person opinion were robbed last year and in 2004 and countless other times. If one corps is going to beat bd this year it wont be crown....the only corps who can beat them this year is the cadets.....anniversary....they actually have a great show without talking or singing....they have a serious chance of winning but im pulling for bd all the way baby!!