Open Class Judges

I don't think just a Top 6 finish is what Teal had in mind at the ourtet of the season......

Ironically, their plight mirrors that of Carolina Crown. CC has tremendous GE scores - that is how they won the other night over Cavies and HNC. Teal does as well. CC has issues with individual execution, particularly in visual. Teal does as well.

Much of the general public would like CC to win a title this year - it would be a tremendously exciting breakthrough. That doesn't mean it will happen. The judges won't give CC a title, just because their show is popular, and people like them. It is the same thing with Teal.

If Teal wants to make a run at a title, then the judges have told them what they need to fix.

But as with CC, it is not question of whether they know what needs to be done. It is whether they can actually do what needs to be done.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think just a Top 6 finish is what Teal had in mind at the ourtet of the season......

No. I dont think they will be too pleased with a top 6 finish. That being said, I hope they are destined for WC in 2010 and will have to settle for a lot lower than 6th in WC (LOL). Competition, while the measuring stick for all drum corps does not necessarily define success or failure in this crazy drum corps activity. I remember 2005 when Blue Stars were still in what was then D2 and were facing some of the same problems Teal is seeing now. That all turned out just fine for Blue Stars. I think Teal is on the right track (organizationally) and hope they can continue their growth.

Edited by ruag8tr2

Did any of the corps have that in mind? ^_~

My apologies to John and the Blue Stars organization. I thought Teal had beaten Blue Stars earlier in the season. I was wrong.

Teal Sound did not beat the Blue Stars in 2005

Brockton, MA (DCI)

DCI World Championships

Division II/III Grand Finals

Division II

97.475 East Coast Jazz

97.150 Spartans

93.925 Blue Stars

93.125 Teal Sound

92.425 Fever

90.900 Impulse

89.750 Jersey Surf

88.600 Oregon Crusaders

85.350 Memphis Sound

Spoken like a true VK alumni. :thumbup::worthy::worthy:

Thanks! :thumbup:

I make no secret that I am the ultimate Teal Sound apologist- But what does Treadstone have against the corps? Were you fired by Teal? Were you previously on staff and didn't get retained? Why do you dislike them so much? In almost every post you make there is some sort of dig against Teal Sound. Just wondering?

D

A fair question - first off, I was never fired by Teal nor not sustained for retention. I was never on their staff. Do I know folks from TS (both still with them and gone)? Yes. TS just seems to "###### DEFEAT FROM THE JAWS OF VICTORY" and it is frustrating to watch performers who could reach their ultimate potential, but have some idea of what goes on deep within the "layers of the onion" and how that affects things. Out of some regard for DCP - we'll leave it at that!

If you have read my posts - you have read that I said (and mean) that I LIKE THEIR SHOW. I clap for those kids - genuinely, every time I see them perform!

Jason

Spoken like a true VK alumni. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

That's my boy!

<sniff>

:worthy:

Garry in Southern California

I have a made a point of seeing BDB, SCVC, Tealsound, Citation, Cap Regiment, Revo and I have to say I am very disappointed in the Open Class Judges. I have taught D1 to D2 and D3. I feel that once again the open classes judges are missing the boat. BDB,Tealsound and SCVC have shows that are far more superior than the rest of open class. Nothing againt the other teams, they all are working hard. Yet, the judges dont know how to judge or are so lost that they don't know what to judge. I hope that DCI would stop looking down on the little guys and start giving them a far read.

:thumbup:

You don't really get to play the "argument from authority" card and then continue anonymously from behind a freshly minted account like that.