Marketing Perspective

From a marketing perspective, defined as things good for the activity that would generate new interest in DCI and sell tickets, which corps do you think DCI should crown as their 2009 Champion and which corps should make the Top 12?

Ok, before the flame throwers come out, this is a WHAT IF. Have a little fun with it.

My WAG would be:

Champion - Carollina Crown. We all know how many rings, BD, Cadets, and Cavies all have (28 rings total if my math is correct). Wouldn’t it be great for a first time winner to come along and win a Championship like Carolina Crown?

Top 12 – Troopers. Troopers have not been in the Top 12 since 1986 (23 years ago), one of DCI’s founding drum corps returns to the Top 12 after several down years, truly a great inspirational come back story.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know if the Blue Devils would have won last year, I'd be all over crown taking it all eventho I think SCV's grabs me more emotionally. I think in the end tho, coming even closer will set them up for next year. I'd like to see the Mandarins in the top 12.

If neither of those corps deserve those placements, I can't see how that would be 'good for the activity.'

Sorry.

agreed

Just wondering who you think should have the 12th spot if it's not Troopers?

whomever is better on semifinals night.

Please keep in mind this is from a marketing perspective ONLY. Both corps are definately in the hunt for those positions so this is not a far fetched thing.

Look at 2002, you had first time Top 12 corps Seattle Cascades and Spirit returning after years in finals. Were they better than Blue Knights, Madison, Crown, Crossmen that year. According to those who wear the green shirts they were. From a marketing prerspective you had growth in DCI from the Northern West Coast, to the South, etc.

Well...of course! However...this was a what if statement....so in your "what if" hypothesis who would you have in 12th instead of Troopers?
Edited by bmroth1