Marketing Perspective

I did have one point on this thread... some say 'the best ones should win'..but that all defines how you define 'best'. Adjustments to caption weighting or judging criteria could easily result in different champions year to year. Some years i would definitely say that the better overall show is ranked lower, some higher.. all depends where their strengths are and how those benefit from the current judging system.

That in mind, marketing may not determine a title (and it never should) but general trends in what people like in shows could be considered in evaluating the effectiveness of the current judging criteria and weighting.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't imagine that name of the winning "band" makes much of a difference in marketing DCI to the general public! What DCI needs to help with marketing are highly entertaining shows, since that's what will convince people to spend their hard-earned cash on tickets, recordings and souvenirs.

Spartacus was a great show for marketing purposes because it was a great show, period. I've shown the video to plenty of non-DCI types and they've all enjoyed it. I don't think that they'd have liked it any less if it had placed second. I also don't think they'd have enjoyed it any less if it was performed by a group in green uniforms or blue uniforms, rather than white!

Personally Crown is my favorite corps so personally I think they are GOOD enough to win, its just a matter of when in my view, I mean if your this high up you ought to win some time or another. I think BD's are gonna peak, Cavies are showing signs of falling back, and last Crown and Cadets went against each otehr Crown ended up on top, Im not sure waht will happen next cause Crown and Cadets will always go back and forth for the season, all I can say is Go Carolina Crown!

The Academy or The Colts. Definitely not the Troopers.

Just curious as to why not the Troopers...