Quarterfinals Seeding - Allentown Day 1

I'll post all the data below, but here's where we stand going into Saturday Allentown:

- No corps have moved in rank because of the Friday show.

- Because we know half of the scores, we can predict what other corps need to score to move up:

CROWN needs 94.7 to move ahead of Cadets, and a 95.6 to move in front of Cavaliers.

SCV needs to beat Crown by 2 points.

PHANTOM needs a 94.75 to perform after Bluecoats.

BOSTON needs to beat Phantom by 0.15 to take the lead.

BLUE STARS need to beat Boston by 0.5, and Phantom by 0.65.

BLUE KNIGHTS need an 86.45 to overtake Glassmen.

COLTS need an 85.15 to perform in 12th place over Troopers.

MADISON needs an 83.85 to go on after Academy at Quarterfinals.

JERSEY SURF needs an 83.15 to perform after Pacific Crest.

In order to make the Cinecast...

SPIRIT needs to beat Crossmen by 1 point and Madison by 2.4.

CROSSMEN needs to beat Madison by 1.4.

In short, 7-9 is up in the air and so is Glassmen/BK. Everything else is fairly set in stone.

(DCI will certainly have some new set of rules for this year that throw everything else off. And we still don't know what's happening with Surf.)

2utp4t5.jpg

I am not questioning you, but can you tell me where to read DCI's information on how they are seeding quarters? I would really appreciate that.

Thanks,

Mike

I am not questioning you, but can you tell me where to read DCI's information on how they are seeding quarters? I would really appreciate that.

Thanks,

Mike

This is all based off of the last three years, modified based on my best guess. I excluded Denver/Orlando because Cadets weren't attending (this was before the rainout). There could be something completely different, and we won't know until they post the lineup.

Edited by Pinwiz

This is all based off of the last three years, modified based on my best guess. I excluded Denver/Orlando because Cadets weren't attending (this was before the rainout). There could be something completely different, and we won't know until they post the lineup.

Thanks.

Well this post is helpful right now. Check it out...

Crown scoring a 95.6 is extremely unlikely-- that would mean they'd be .15 behind BD; Crown whittling down a 2.5 gap in 1 week... I don't think so.

Crown didn't get the whole 2.5 points, but they're closing that gap, no one thought could be done. Can't wait to be in INDY next week for three nail biting nights of pure Drum Corps excitement!

Go Crown!!!

Now we have some answers ...

It's starting to become a little predictable :thumbup:

But oh my! What a great season ... :thumbup:

Any reason why Allentown couldn't be combined into one major event like San Antonio and Atlanta?

logistics play a part as well......its hard enough having 11 corps there in one night much less 22, no room for buses, and trucks.