Quarter final play by play?

Music City = Nashville, not Memphis. Nashville is in Middle Tennessee which is Tennessee's competitive marching hotspot.

I stand corrected.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to BDB. And to Vanguard Cadets, and to all the corps for their work.

:thumbup:

Edited by ajwdad

You are correct. I stick behind the premise of my last post. Their story is really amazing.

I was just being a jerk. You're absolutely right though, the fact that they are knocking on the door to finals is huge, especially considering that they had such a limited tour. Regardless of what happens on Friday, their entire organization should be extremely proud of what they have accomplished.

Actually, it is 173 miles from Ames Field in Michigan City, to Lucas Oil in Indianapolis.

Michigan City is in the northern tip of Indiana, on the shores of Lake Michigan. So effectively, they are competing on the other side of the state.

Yes, DCI got a great deal from Michigan City for this performance. Hence, that is why they are nearly 3 hours away.

After tonight's show, they will need to pack up, and drive to Indianapolis for the S&E deal tomorrow.

I take back my evil thoughts. I see that they go to Indy on Thursday and Friday for Open semis and finals. :thumbup:

I think that Music City should be in finals, If you are wondering about the score inflation today then ok ill bite. They scored upwards of 79 less than a week ago and then with our excellent jjudging in open class they lost 7 points and brought them back to a 72 at the final seeding show. If they would have kept their position a week ago you would see a drastically different lineup going into semis. One that would probably have colt cadets and 7th reg above legends. and with Music City right next to VK

Edited by VisGuyMello

I don't know how Citations beat Teal Sound. Just makes no sense whatsoever. To watch Teal and then followed by Citations was a mismatch in placement,IMO. Teals show was more lively,interesting,had much more to it and imo was better performed. I'm not a 'guardie' so that may be from what I'm hearing the difference,but by that much?!? Teal was impressive as were SCVC and BDB. BD was tight,clean and the horns were very nice. Love BD's marching,the way they glide across the field. The staccato horn attacks were great.

I don't know how Citations beat Teal Sound. Just makes no sense whatsoever. To watch Teal and then followed by Citations was a mismatch in placement,IMO. Teals show was more lively,interesting,had much more to it and imo was better performed. I'm not a 'guardie' so that may be from what I'm hearing the difference,but by that much?!? Teal was impressive as were SCVC and BDB. BD was tight,clean and the horns were very nice. Love BD's marching,the way they glide across the field. The staccato horn attacks were great.

Next time you watch Teal Sound, just spend the show watching their feet. Then you'll see why they're scoring in the 15's in visual performance, and not doing much better in visual ensemble.

As far as I can tell, the fact that Teal's show had "more to it" ended up making it just seem really cluttered.

Edited by KarmicCloud

I think that Music City should be in finals, If you are wondering about the score inflation today then ok ill bite. They scored upwards of 79 less than a week ago and then with our excellent jjudging in open class they lost 7 points and brought them back to a 72 at the final seeding show. If they would have kept their position a week ago you would see a drastically different lineup going into semis. One that would probably have colt cadets and 7th reg above legends. and with Music City right next to VK

But they all went head to head yesterday, so if your thoughts held true, wouldnt the outcome be that way?

Next time you watch Teal Sound, just spend the show watching their feet. Then you'll see why they're scoring in the 15's in visual performance, and not doing much better in visual ensemble.

As far as I can tell, the fact that Teal's show had "more to it" ended up making it just seem really cluttered.

Again, they face the same dilemma that Carolina Crown face in OC. Visual performance is where they're getting killed. It is wiping out any advantage they have over Citations, in music and GE.

They know what needs to be fixed. They have 15 scoring sheets so far this year, from the judges. I am sure that the visual performance judges have been telling them the same thing, over and over again: footwork, carriage, alignment, space, timing, etc., etc.

If they haven't fixed these things by this point of the season, then it probably won't be fixed, in the next 48 hours. That is why I see little chance of them reeling in any of the top 3. If their marching techs can pull that off, then by golly, they've earned their pay.

If they do move up to World Class next year, this is something they will have to address. If OC judges are crucifying them for this, imagine what the WC judges will do. (p.s., Teal's plans to move to Open Class are probably the worst kept secret ever. Well, maybe the worst kept secret since the Monica Lewinsky affair.....)

Deja Vu will history repeat itself ???

Tuesday August 5th, 2008

1. Blue Devils B 96.150

2. Santa Clara Cadets 93.800

Difference in scores 1.35 Points

Tuesday August 4th, 2009

1. Blue Devils B 93.550

2. Santa Clara Cadets 92.250

Difference in scores 1.30 Points

Something to think about !!!!

Gulp!!! Who could forget!?! To the 15 plus BDB kids that stayed with us this summer....

"Give them nothing, but take from them EVERYTHING"...... 300 (the movie)

Congratulations kids, two more to go!