Change it back!

Interesting. They changed the entire ballad? At what point in the season? I was wondering why they didn't play Panis Angelicus when I saw them in Atlanta.

They changed it for the southern swing, played first at Valdosta. I was there, it was a big improvement, and the scores have shown it since.

Dear Blue Devils,

Remember in your show last year, when in the opening brass choral at the back of the fields the brass marched and played a few more seconds of emotional music before starting their run towards the field? Please go back in time and change that back.

oh really? in all seroiusness i actually liked that...the back wall gave it a nice effect. scared the #### out of me of what was to come.

Dear Bluecoats,

Don't hose the 2007 brass book. :inlove:

AMEN. :thumbup: Would have loved to have seen those Finals results.

My vote (in non-letter form) goes to the 2001 Bluecoats. I'd have looooved to have had the original intro on the field. The little standstill was supposed to only be a temporary fix, but crowds liked getting blasted in the face (heh.) right off the bat so I guess that's why it stuck. Plus less cleaning is always good, right?

The original intro was a baaaaaadass rip-your-head-off brass lick, followed by a cool percussion feature, followed by more brass head-ripping. The drill that was written was about as interesting as watching a Portugese soccer game with no announcer translation (or with translation, for that matter), and it got axed shortly after either March or April camp. I still have that camp recording, and good lord did it rock.

Also, honorable mention to 2001 Crossmen. Bring back "The Cup of Life" as your closer. :tongue:

Dear Crown,

Oh, and turn down your pit.

This one.

Seriously, we stopped beating the hell out of marimbas in the early 90's. Please respect your equipment and take it easy. It's not musical, it's painful. We have mics so we can play with much better sound quality. Please adjust your technique to match evolution.

Also Crown, don't be afraid to add a little for contrast between the "green" side and the "greener" side in your show. They're not completely polarized yet.

I like everything else Crown is doing.

To almost every corps:

Take it easy on that low brass patch. Let your actual low brass do their job.

Not really a "change it back"since it's been a constant throughout the season, but something I've always found irritating in band, and now I have to deal with it in drum corps.

Spirit,

Bigger Deltas. Please.

Baby Blue... more.

Thanks,

T

Dear Phantom,

Please turn the slap into a spearing (I thought about yelling "I am Spartacus" before it at Allentown) it would be more interesting and the red dress would fit right in

But I guess that wouldn't be changing it back would it?

Edited by ctbonesfan