Crown, Cadets or Vanguard?

The "Phantom" effect  

220 members have voted

1. 1. Which corps do you feel has the best chance of rising from the depths and "stealing" it all?

• Carolina Crown
    • Holy Name Cadets
    • Santa Clara Vanguard
    • No chance, BD's got number 13 in the bag.

I voted Cadets.

Pragmatically, their execution captions are in good shape. They are marching/spinning well. If percussion/brass number holds, they have a shot.

GE depends on the panel. Especially GE music.

Emotionally, I'd like to see them pull it off because, IMHO they are doing more on the field than any other and doing so in convincing, graceful fashion. I have agreed with most numbers so far because I didn't think they were clean enough to get the call. However I'm pulling for a Holy Name push and IF they can come out on fire tomorrow night, I'll be interested to see if they get the call.

Man. . .what a good season for all. Amen?

FHNSAB

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For all the people ###### that cavies arent in this poll....seriously??? The poll asks who has a chance to "rise from the depths" and do what phantom did last year. Cavies are seeded 2nd at quarters...hardly a long shot to win...at least by the numbers. The OP also stated that this is not just a 'who do you think will win thread", since theres like 8 of those. If you really want to predict a cavaliers win, you have plenty of places to do so. Im sure the guys will read your posts and somehow work harder than they already are this week.... :blink:

Please review the rankings from the dci website:

July 9 - Aug 5

1 Blue Devils 96.025 0

2 Carolina Crown 94.667 +3

3 Holy Name Cadets 94.483 -1

4 The Cavaliers 94.075 -1

5 Santa Clara Vanguard 93.783 -1

SCV scored a 94 something the other day....

i hope Crown doesn't win, even though i got a couple friends there...but, i'm pretty sure BD has peaked early once again.

what i'd like to see, even though i doubt it would happen:

1. Cavies

2. SCV

3. Crown

4. BD

5. Cadets

HNC, CC, SCV, Cavies... I guess as long as BD doesn't win everyone here will be happy.

Too bad... for in a year with exceptional performances by everyone in the top 6 its a shame that people find it appropriate to root against a particular corps. The amount of negative posts over this summer against BD this summer has been surprising even for this board. While their show may not be my favorite show either, I can appreciate BD for the show they are performing.

Its it the hardest drill. No. If it were it wouldn't stylistically match the musical genre.

Is what they are performing on the field... heck no.

I know a couple of moms with kids marching this summer, one in Madison and one in BD - unfortunately I've had to console both of them after making the mistake of reading some of the BD and Madison hater-ade here.

So this weekend lets just cheer for all these kids - clap louder and stronger for your favorite... but please don't cheer against any of them.

I can't agree with you more--with all the distractions and choices young people have today, I'm impressed by any young person who choses to march with a corps. Although I never marched, I have been a fan since 1975 when my father (a High School band director) called me into the TV room to watch DCI for the first time on PBS. I've been hooked ever since. I had some chances to march, but didn't (time, money, other things) and I regret that I didn't take those opportunities.

So, my wife and I follow DCI and cheer the loudest for corps like the Dutchmen (1 sop and 6 horns) and the Racine Scouts. It takes alot of guts and commitment and heart to march in the shadows of the big guys. Doesn't matter with whom you march, you come away with great life lessions in preserverence, excellence, effort, commitment, goal-setting, friendship and team work. My hat (OK a PR hat) is off to all (performers and staff) who participate in this wonderful activity.

Edited by NeverMarched