Crown, Cadets or Vanguard?

The "Phantom" effect  

220 members have voted

1. 1. Which corps do you feel has the best chance of rising from the depths and "stealing" it all?

• Carolina Crown
    • Holy Name Cadets
    • Santa Clara Vanguard
    • No chance, BD's got number 13 in the bag.

Really? I disagree. I think if the Cavaliers were as clean as BD they would be way out in front. The Great Divide is turning out to be one of my favorite Cavaliers shows of all time.

Yeah, but you actually like most Cavalier shows.

I voted for BD13.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So this weekend lets just cheer for all these kids - clap louder and stronger for your favorite... but please don't cheer against any of them.

Just like everyone did in '07 right?

But I still agree. Unfortunately, some people won't do it though. Most of the time, it's from people who have never marched before. Anyone who marched, will always respect every single person out on that field because we know exactly what they are going through.

Wow. Considering that the Cavaliers have been scoring just tenths away from Cadets and Crown, and about 1-2 points over Vanguard, leaving them off this list is just silly. When the Cavaliers last saw Crown, just five days ago, they were only .05 back - and .05 up on Cadets at that same show. When the Cavaliers last saw the Cadets, at Allentown four days ago, they were only .20 back - closer than Crown was to the Cadets on Sunday.

Leaving the Cavaliers out of this discussion just isn't justifiable. The numbers say that all three corps are still nearly interchangeable, with SCV a slight step behind.

Anyone who marched, will always respect every single person out on that field because we know exactly what they are going through.

I only wish this were more of a true statement. However, this was FAR from the case for Cadets 07 and 08 as well as Star of Indiana 1993. MANY of the boos and rudest comments yelled from the stands were by former marchers.

Wow. Considering that the Cavaliers have been scoring just tenths away from Cadets and Crown, and about 1-2 points over Vanguard, leaving them off this list is just silly. When the Cavaliers last saw Crown, just five days ago, they were only .05 back - and .05 up on Cadets at that same show. When the Cavaliers last saw the Cadets, at Allentown four days ago, they were only .20 back - closer than Crown was to the Cadets on Sunday.

Leaving the Cavaliers out of this discussion just isn't justifiable. The numbers say that all three corps are still nearly interchangeable, with SCV a slight step behind.

AND, AND, by the time Quarters comes around, Cavies will have had FIVE rehearsal days under their belt. So I agree with you.

HNC, CC, SCV, Cavies... I guess as long as BD doesn't win everyone here will be happy.

Too bad... for in a year with exceptional performances by everyone in the top 6 its a shame that people find it appropriate to root against a particular corps. The amount of negative posts over this summer against BD this summer has been surprising even for this board. While their show may not be my favorite show either, I can appreciate BD for the show they are performing.

Its it the hardest drill. No. If it were it wouldn't stylistically match the musical genre.

Is what they are performing on the field... heck no.

I know a couple of moms with kids marching this summer, one in Madison and one in BD - unfortunately I've had to console both of them after making the mistake of reading some of the BD and Madison hater-ade here.

So this weekend lets just cheer for all these kids - clap louder and stronger for your favorite... but please don't cheer against any of them.

HA!!! It's pretty obvious you weren't on this site the past couple years. Negativity is the lifeblood of this forum.

I agree that leaving Cavies off the list is absurd. :rolleyes:

I predict that there will be at least one tie in 2-5. perhaps even two.

I beleive the judges will be obligated to give a tie of the 4 corps because they are so close. Thereby making sure Troopers get in finals. They accomplish

1) Bonafide champion

2) Somebody 2-4 didn't get "screwed"

3) Troopers make final for first time in........................years

The amount of negative posts over this summer against BD this summer has been surprising even for this board.

Were you here last year?

Yup. They lost one show in '08 before Finals, which was Allentown to The Cavaliers. But '95....going undefeated all season until the three shows that matter has got to be a punch.

If Devils do not win this year, does anyone think they'll go the way of Star?

and do what? challenge Blast! to a battle of the bands? rofl