New Phantom guard guy

He's an engineer, so he must be good. We engineers are better than any music major at drum corps, and that's a scientific fact! I'm taking a year off for an internship too this year.

:blink:

i was getting ready to call you a fool for your claim when i realized...

all the engineers i marched with were pretty #### good...

There is a guy that posts on these boards by the name of "mellos" that marched a few seasons with the Cadets. He joined Crown on Aug. 5th (exactly 10 years ago today) and learned the entire show and did the mello solo during our ballad. Not bad for 10 days.

There is a guy that posts on these boards by the name of "mellos" that marched a few seasons with the Cadets. He joined Crown on Aug. 5th (exactly 10 years ago today) and learned the entire show and did the mello solo during our ballad. Not bad for 10 days.

mucho respect for that guy! (he was probably an engineer too. . .ha)

I would only say yes in that if the brass person forgets a music part - or isn't 100% comfortable playing it - he can just do the drill - in guard - you can't not do the work - everyone and their grandmother will be able to tell

Same deal with perc. Best of luck to him!