Is BDB ready for World Class?

I dont like feeder corps.

They should change their name and move out on their own like Crown did with the Cadets.

IMHO of course.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How many of the BDB kids actually do go on to march BD "A"? I've never heard the numbers, and I was curious...

Absolutely. Actually, the percussion sections of Blue Devils B and Santa Clara Vanguard Cadets are phenomenal. I do think they perform high quality music, executing at a level that rivals lower-tier world class finalists.

Crown was a feeder for the Cadets?

I didn't know that either. What were they called, the Cadet Cadets? lol

How many of the BDB kids actually do go on to march BD "A"? I've never heard the numbers, and I was curious...

I don't know about BDB, but I do know a decent amount of kids go from SCVC to SCV every year.

Edited by I play the baritone good

Crown was never a cadet corps for the Cadets. This is misinformation, either out of snideness or ignorance.

That's what I figured.

I am thinking maybe they got the idea that Crown fed into Cadets because they were both under YEA a few years back? Maybe?

I dont like feeder corps.

They should change their name and move out on their own like Crown did with the Cadets.

IMHO of course.

What's wrong with the feeder corps concept? It's a great way for a corps to develop local talent, trained from the ground-up with the organizations values, style and techniques.

With all the flying cross country and other insane stuff that kids due to march today, anything that keeps a corps rooted in their community can only be a good thing.

I am thinking maybe they got the idea that Crown fed into Cadets because they were both under YEA a few years back? Maybe?

I didn't know that either.

Maybe it's because of the creamy pants. Crown is definitely creamier, but I dunno, they're really the only two corps that have that "look" when they're on the field.