Open Class Semifinals Live Discussion

Nessun Dorma VERY WELL DONE! Since we can't do the Vanguard yell for the A corps .... I think there needs to be one in this show for sure. There's plenty of opportunity.

The love story theme is carrying through very nicely. I get the feeling this corps could have handled a bit more meat in the brass book this year. Drill design was ... OK. There seemed to be quite a bit of verticle stacking in the show. When they kept the depth layers to a minimum, this corps looks VERY good. I just wish there was a big WOW moment in the show, and I really didn't feel it. Solid show and solid performance (based on what they were given). Well done SCVC!

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so - AWESOME JOB CITATIONS - and hey, watching from home is kind of nice....I can use as many tissues as I want, and not get weird looks :)

You mean, I dont have the live feed, but when I got the scre for 7th and heard they made finals, I cried like a happy baby, so I am not the only one on tissue patrol, today??

I've been relying on your scores because DCI is far behind again.

(Edited for horrible horrible spelling)

Teal Sound........... 89.85

Capital Regiment..... 88.95

Oregon Crusaders..... 87.15

Revolution........... 87.05

Raiders.............. 86.80

Velvet Knights....... 83.20

Legends.............. 82.25

Memphis Sound........ 82.15

7th Regiment......... 80.85

Music City........... 80.40

Colt Cadets.......... 78.10

Dutch Boy............ 76.40

Racine Scouts........ 72.70

Les Stentors......... 65.90

This backdrop is REALLY killing the backfield playing :smile:

Friends of mine pointed out that it looks like WGI finals... Some sort of Corp. tie in, maybe?

BDB his the field .. based on the pre show YELL .. they are juiced and ready.

Looks like 66 Brass, 12 pit?, 5 bass, 4 quad, 8 snares, about 20 Guard. Bring it BD. Nice to hear F tuning :smile:

Edited by supersop

Great intro with Imogen Heap ... then turning to some energy and opened up the sound nicely. This corps marches very well and are quite clean. Already playing more notes than the big corps. GO BDB!

Citations - 90.9

A bit off topic...But does anybody know if after the world semi's broadcast, do they show the stuff after, like the age out ceremony etc? That would be awesome since my daughter's boyfriend is aging out of BD. I'd love to see it since we can't be there. :smile: