Dan Acheson should be fired

You can't fire Bill France, he died two years ago. His son Brian France is now the CEO.

We will exhume him and then we will fire him.

We don't get out of this thread without someone being fired!

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Fact: Of the 15 competitors in Division III in 2007 in Pasadena, only 8 managed to show up in Indianapolis last week. The other 7 either have folded, are inactive, or could not afford the trip to Indianapolis this year.

DCI effectively let those organizations die on the vine. No financial, marketing, or promotional support was given to them. Indeed, on the DCI website, you can't even find a map of where the Division II/III/OC corps are located. It is as if DCI is pretending tha they don't exist.

Again, how does NASCAR do things? Entirely differently. They actively promote their secnd-tier series, the Nationwide Series. Why? It expands the fan base, and the talent base for the top tier, which is the Sprint Cup Series.

I wonder if we could somehow convince the Frances to take over DCI. :shutup:

You are really all cute when you are angry, ya know?

All NASCAR attendance is down this year....WAY DOWN. Just so you know.

The whole DCI destroyed II/III - OC argument is old and tired. In every case you sight, I can find evidence of management failure.

Just off the top of my head...

Spartans....management failure led to bankruptcy

Capital Sound...lack of volunteers to house non local kids (most of the corps was not local to Madison)

Americanos...lack of financial resources two consecutive seasons

Now, if you really want to do something to support OC then get people to attend their shows. I wager under 3,000 fans saw the two OC shows in Indy. That's not going to cut it. These are/were fine corps deserving of better management and better fan support.

I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about the entire thread itself.

You're right.

However, I think there's a way this can be discussed without such "over-the-top" labels to draw the reader into the thread.

DCI and their business model, and how that relates to Dan, are valid discussion items. . .but perhaps the inflammatory nature of what we're moving to here isn't.

Cowtown, et al . . .I'm going to close this for now.

Feel free to open (in fact, I encourage you . . .some of the points here are certainly valid) another thread that deals with your same points regarding Dan, the BoD and so on in a little less hyperbolic way, and let's move the discussion forward with a little less volatility.

Thanks (as always, PM any of the moderation staff if you have questions). :shutup: