BD's victory

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No. Blue Devils executed their show perhaps better than any corps has ever executed a show and were rewarded with an increase in score on Finals night. They completely deserved it, whether anyone likes it or not.

no no, see, I agree with you. They definitly did execute their show better than any other drum corps did, for sure. What I'm arguing is that the show itself maybe should not have provided them with the means to go as far as they did, particularly in GE where design counts the most. Corps don't even make finals because their shows aren't hard enough. The show was just absurdly easy, perfectly executed, but too easy for such high numbers.

Just wanted to see that sentence excerpt one more time... nothing to see here.

:doh:

Yes, the OP is correct IMHO. Flame away all you defenders of DCI, I'm just sayin'. Its an opinion that is held widely among marching members, corps staff and management, and fans alike. The subjective portion of judging is a farce and a fiasco and holds little credibility with those who view the subject objectively. Unfortunately, often the supposed objective captions follow the subjective scores/rankings into a "slot" ie: Phantom this year. No I am not a Phan, it's just that any simpleton can plainly see that PR's drum and brass scores on finals night were way out of line with reality.

:doh:

no no, see, I agree with you. They definitly did execute their show better than any other drum corps did, for sure. What I'm arguing is that the show itself maybe should not have provided them with the means to go as far as they did, particularly in GE where design counts the most. Corps don't even make finals because their shows aren't hard enough. The show was just absurdly easy, perfectly executed, but too easy for such high numbers.

I think there are a lot of difficult things in the Blue Devils' show that people missed out on. High velocity drill isn't the only way to make a show demanding. Or maybe I'm just stupid. Anyways, I believe the judging to be accurate.

No. Blue Devils executed their show perhaps better than any corps has ever executed a show and were rewarded with an increase in score on Finals night. They completely deserved it, whether anyone likes it or not.

id disagree. i think their semis show was better than their finals show, and i thought crown and cadets threw down on saturday.

Blah...

BD was the best drum corps out there. That show was marched near perfect... finals night I was looking real hard for any feet errors (timing, technique, etc) and only found one space error in a form. GE was fine. They had enough. I will admit something was odd with some caption scores in some areas all over finals week... especially 13 to 17 during semis... but the judges were pretty much dead on all the way. After looking at the recap, I agree with almost everything I saw.. especially BD at the top, I wanted Crown to win... but #### that BD was well designed.. clean, and was plenty challenging to win the championship... when they weren't sitting down, which was most of their show they were marching their ##### off.

And whoever said corps don't make finals because their shows aren't hard enough is bull. The easier show often gets in because it's cleaner. Clean is the name of the game in DCI... if your not clean you will not get credit for it... there ya go.

I have a thought, well rather a question .. this being my first year involved in drum corps ...

Can someone tell me how long AFTER finals threads like this continue?

id disagree. i think their semis show was better than their finals show, and i thought crown and cadets threw down on saturday.

I have to comment here ... from someone that was there (not me, refer to my name) .. Semis night was far worse then finals. Again this is directly from someone that was IN the show.