Madison Scouts 2010

Why is this prior year financial stuff being regurgitated yet again on this new thread?

STOP IT!!!!!

Let's focus on the future of the Scouts, not on old beefs that the same posters are griping about over and over again, ad nauseum, no matter what thread the Scouts happen to be mentioned in. You OF's are starting to sound like broken records, and the sounds you're making aren't very pleasant.

Back to the 2010 Scouts... you can contribute to their financial future here.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is this prior year financial stuff being regurgitated yet again on this new thread?

STOP IT!!!!!

Let's focus on the future of the Scouts, not on old beefs that the same posters are griping about over and over again, ad nauseum, no matter what thread the Scouts happen to be mentioned in. You OF's are starting to sound like broken records, and the sounds you're making aren't very pleasant.

Back to the 2010 Scouts... you can contribute to their financial future here.

Some people don't know when to stop... or even why..

Those assets were misleading and are not a true indicator of the actual financial health of the organization. I mean, when did the BOD really think they could fully fund three corps?

Sorry Linda, but if people are going to post pure b.s., they should be called on it.

The tax returns are detailed, professionally prepared public documents, and they show that the corps was well in the black up until 2003.

What is the evidence that they are misleading?

Sorry Linda, but if people are going to post pure b.s., they should be called on it.

The tax returns are detailed, professionally prepared public documents, and they show that the corps was well in the black up until 2003.

What is the evidence that they are misleading?

Ahem... if this thread is titled Madison Scouts 2010, why are you still rehashing prior years? Let the trolls be, and let's stop looking backwards! Nothing good can come out of putting blinders on and focusing on the mistakes from the past. Trolls will be trolls, and they're just looking to pi$$ you guys off.

The ultimate "win" here would be to help the Scouts build a stronger organization, on and off the field, so they can kick butt in future seasons, including 2010. If you truly want to silence the trolls, show them that this can be done.

Ahem... if this thread is titled Madison Scouts 2010, why are you still rehashing prior years? Let the trolls be, and let's stop looking backwards! Nothing good can come out of putting blinders on and focusing on the mistakes from the past. Trolls will be trolls, and they're just looking to pi$$ you guys off.

The ultimate "win" here would be to help the Scouts build a stronger organization, on and off the field, so they can kick butt in future seasons, including 2010. If you truly want to silence the trolls, show them that this can be done.

2010....pretty much the reason I started the thread. Obviously can't change the past...but can certainly have a positive effect on the future. The gripes of the past...while real and still current to some...need to stay in the past. I assume Scouts' management, directors, etc., have a pretty good idea as to where things need to go down the road. I guess if I have a current gripe...I would relate to the Scouts' Website. I have said it before...and I will say it again...they need to pilfer the Blue Devils site. That would work for me.

Those assets were misleading and are not a true indicator of the actual financial health of the organization. I mean, when did the BOD really think they could fully fund three corps? I'm sick and tired of scapegoating and pot shots taken at Sal Salas. There were many talented kids and staff who went to Madison because of Sal and the great design team HE assembled. And you know what, THE CORPS WAS GOOD. When you look at what other corps spend, his budgets weren't out of line at all. Compare them and see. He greatly improved the food situation (by adding a food truck) and transportation, (charter buses), which are both very costly, but much needed items. These are things that all modern, SUCCESSFUL, corps have that are not frivolous. Maybe Sal should have gone slower, but he was trying to get the corps up to speed. His motivation was to provide the best possible nutrition, safety, and positive instructional experience for the members of the Madison Scouts, and IMO he was very successful. Now lets wish Chris Komnick all the best for 2010. IMO, he's the guy that will lead the corps back. Like others on here, I've heard nothing but good things, and he has my full support.

Is Komnick really working for free?

2010....pretty much the reason I started the thread. Obviously can't change the past...but can certainly have a positive effect on the future. The gripes of the past...while real and still current to some...need to stay in the past. I assume Scouts' management, directors, etc., have a pretty good idea as to where things need to go down the road. I guess if I have a current gripe...I would relate to the Scouts' Website. I have said it before...and I will say it again...they need to pilfer the Blue Devils site. That would work for me.

Agreed. The Scouts website is terrible.

Just a suggestion of something I think the Scouts would pull off VERY well: THRILLER. Imagine a huge wall of Madison sound with that big Thriller hit. The show wouldn't need to be all MJ stuff... anything "thrilling" (ie latin, jazz, fusion, rock, etc) which in my mind has always been the essence of the Scouts. From an intellectual and effect standpoint, the show could examine all aspects of thrill: excitement, jubilance, suspense, danger, conflict, triumph, etc. Take that image an run with it... just don't forget to rip my face off! :thumbup:

Just a suggestion of something I think the Scouts would pull off VERY well: THRILLER. Imagine a huge wall of Madison sound with that big Thriller hit. The show wouldn't need to be all MJ stuff... anything "thrilling" (ie latin, jazz, fusion, rock, etc) which in my mind has always been the essence of the Scouts. From an intellectual and effect standpoint, the show could examine all aspects of thrill: excitement, jubilance, suspense, danger, conflict, triumph, etc. Take that image an run with it... just don't forget to rip my face off! :thumbup:

Then Ice Castles as a ballad!!!

Yeah, show designer? Maybe not.

I'm having a very tough time figuring how a show based on Thriller moves the corps toward finals. Let me guess, the guard in skeleton t-shirts?