Golden Triangle Competition

Always loved going to this show as there were so many corps attending. I remember seeing Ventures when they were this little all-girl corps. Dutchboy Cadets were there and even Bluecoats from Canton. I heard "One Fine Morning "by The Guelph Royalaires played it years later with a band in Rochester, NY. Now I sing it at karaoke from time to time.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lighthouse - they played right here (Orillia) last night - and I couldn't go see them.

Regards,

John

Got back from a week in Ontario 3 hours ago, woulda been good to see a concert, dang.

When I was writing for East Coast Jazz we always referred to that place as the Bermuda Triangle. Strange things always happened at that show. Plus the highway right behind the field made for a strange enviroment. Thank god for the beer tent.

Beer tent? I never knew that!

We did the show in 1976 and it rained pretty good before we went on. One of my fellow lead sops lost his mouthpiece on the first horns up for "Crown Imperial" and the guy next to him who played 3rd quickly handed him his own mouthpiece. The mouthpiece was never found it was so muddy.

When I was writing for East Coast Jazz we always referred to that place as the Bermuda Triangle. Strange things always happened at that show. Plus the highway right behind the field made for a strange enviroment. Thank god for the beer tent.

We played One Fine Morning in '93. Had a great time playing it as it was my one year on Baritone.

KW has not only been great for shows, it used to be a huge area from DC in general. While I was marching with the Blue Saints in Sudbury, KW had Ventures, Kiwanis Kavaliers, Dutch Boy, Cadets of Dutch Boy. Ventures merges with KK, Cadets of Dutch Boy went away and Dutch Boy went from Division I to Division II/III. And Kiwanis then 'moved' to Tampa, merged with a corps there and then folded.