Casella Leaves Cavaliers

www.jimcasella.com

Seems he decided to leave...

Or maybe endorsement deals decided for him (Casella = Pearl endorser, Cavaliers = Yamaha endorser): it's not like that hasn't happened before (Casella = IP artist, SCV = Vic Firth endorser). Maybe that's not the case, but endorser $$ controls a bit of decisions (for example, Phantom switched to Dynasty because of Rennick's Dynasty endorsement/deal after their Pearl contract expired).

Either way, Casella was great at SCV, and obviously missed. He was great at Cavaliers. If he continues to teach DCI he will be great wherever he goes and the corps/members will benefit.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Or maybe endorsement deals decided for him (Casella = Pearl endorser, Cavaliers = Yamaha endorser): it's not like that hasn't happened before (Casella = IP artist, SCV = Vic Firth endorser). Maybe that's not the case, but endorser $$ controls a bit of decisions (for example, Phantom switched to Dynasty because of Rennick's Dynasty endorsement/deal after their Pearl contract expired).

Either way, Casella was great at SCV, and obviously missed. He was great at Cavaliers. If he continues to teach DCI he will be great wherever he goes and the corps/members will benefit.

It had nothing to do with endorsements. Jim didn't leave SCV because of their VF deal. If you remember correctly, SCV used to have a VF AND IP deal when Jim was there.

Read his reasoning for leaving on his site. I've known him for years now. If his reasoning is what he posted, then that's why he left. No ulterior motive or anything based on endorsements.

Agreed.....but perhaps the bigger problem is will they be men enough to admit that the venue is horrible sounding and take actions to move the championship out of there.....unfortunately, I think I sadly know the answer to that..........

GB

Heard the latest Field Pass?

Everything was GREAT!

Heard the latest Field Pass?

Everything was GREAT!

I know it must be great because Dan Potter said so. Frosting on #### is more like it.