Secaucus NJ Review?

Thanks for the review. :blink:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So.....any takers on this one???

Particularly interested in what you thought about the West Sayville Golden Eagles Mini Corps!

Thanks in advance.

Frank, of course the night for me was all about Bush! But I did get a chance to hear you guys and as I told you last night, "IT SOUNDED GREAT!" Keep it up and best of luck in Rochester! Should be a fun and interesting night all around.

Latin Express - This was the first time I've ever had the opportunity to see these guys. I have to admit, I was a little surprised when they kicked off with a Blues Brothers tune, but it was done very well and got my attention. Then they launched into more of what I was expecting. A real rich ensemble brass sound from this group. I kind of understand now why this minicorps doesn't compete. They are more for entertainment and playing together than going after scores. You could just feel a little different dynamic between the two minicorps at the show tonight.

Thanks for the review. We really enjoy performing in all kinds of venus and love to get feedback from our audience. Glad you enjoyed the performance as numerous members who had just come off the field with the competing corps to do "double duty" with the Latin Express.

We love to suprise the audience, entertain, and of course have FUN! Isn't that what it's all about!?! :blink:

Again thanks for the review and if anyone else is out there we would love to hear more!

Not much to disagree with OP about !

I just wanted to add a couple points - To anyone who hasn't seen Fusion this summer, don't miss 'em if you have a chance! They're very much a "for-real grown-up contemporary drum corps". Oh, and their show, when I first saw them in Kingston, became one of my favorites this year!

Bush's guard was, again, a show unto themselves! Thanks for bringing a smile to our faces all summer !

Now, Cabs guard ? OH MY GOD ! WHERE did that performance come from? I might be getting sappy in my dotage, but you had me and my wife in tears! Your heads AND your hearts were obviously 100% in the game! Thank you, thank you, thank you ! And, btw, you would have beaten ANY guard in DCA with that performance!

Yes folks, I know what I'm saying, and I'm not backing down :thumbdown: . Not making any guaranties for the next two weeks, just saying what I saw last Saturday!

Was I the only one who felt really weird seeing Frank in something other than black and white ? Nice job with W Sayville, though - You just keep getting better every year, Mr Ponzo !

Latin Express - Yeah, strange to see some Cabs' uniforms and hear the Blus Bros music :blink: ! And I never thought I'd see Brian Grilk (conducting tonight - Does he always, btw?) THAT animated! Has he changed that much, or did you guys have to pump him full of Amp'd ? ! Seriously, though,. thanks for throwing in "LA is My Lady" - I forgot how much I liked that twenty-something years ago !

Location/Venue: Couldn't be easier to get to or from the Turnpike form the stadium. Very nice smaller concrete stadium, best view of ANY DCA venue ever - The Empire State Building ! Only gripe is, since there's a small baseball diamond in the corner of the field, the sideline's a bit far back - Nopbody had any trouble getting their sound from the fildl to us, though, that's for sure!

Latin Express - Yeah, strange to see some Cabs' uniforms and hear the Blus Bros music :blink: ! And I never thought I'd see Brian Grilk (conducting tonight - Does he always, btw?) THAT animated! Has he changed that much, or did you guys have to pump him full of Amp'd ? ! Seriously, though,. thanks for throwing in "LA is My Lady" - I forgot how much I liked that twenty-something years ago !

Strange...but did ya like it! LOL! Actually we typically perform in our red shirts so it's a little less strange but there was really no time for the members to change out of the satin while trying to get a rest, drink, and come back and tune with the rest of us before the performance.

Brian...how long has it been since you've seen him! LOL! He was tame compared to the Jim Russo look-alike contest a few years back! LOL! Yes he is our conductor going back to around October of 2008.

We like to call it "LE is My Lady", lol, glad you enjoyed it. That was one of the first tunes we talked about when we started the group so it's nice to hear that it was one everyone liked back in the day.

Thanks for the great comments, we have alot of performances this fall, maybe we'll see you at one! We'll be sure to have more suprises for ya!

Bush's guard was, again, a show unto themselves! Thanks for bringing a smile to our faces all summer !

Now, Cabs guard ? OH MY GOD ! WHERE did that performance come from? Your heads AND your hearts were obviously 100% in the game!

Agree 100%. I've been singing the praises of the Bushwacker guard since Wildwood. I still don't think they've gotten quite the number they should be. That's just my humble opinion, of course.

And Cabs guard last night? Holy smokes! :blink: Heck, the whole corps was about to spontaneously combust!!! It's THAT hot.

[

We like to call it "LE is My Lady", lol, glad you enjoyed it. That was one of the first tunes we talked about when we started the group so it's nice to hear that it was one everyone liked back in the day.

Thanks for the great comments, we have alot of performances this fall, maybe we'll see you at one! We'll be sure to have more suprises for ya!

Hah-hah, NOW I get it - "LE" is my lady :blink:

BTW - Nice job on Malaguena, too. Even that mellophone solist :thumbdown: