Citations staff?!?!

theguy

Did the Spartans or did the Spartans not fold into Citations last year??? It's basically the same thing only flip flopped.

The majority of the instructional staff moved from the Spartans in 2007 to Citations in 2008. The only real difference is that the Spartans were able to get another staff together to be active for one more season and faced bankruptcy after the 2008 season.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's pay attention here. Citations have folded. What a crime.

:tongue::blink::blink::tongue::tongue:

One month later....I reiterate my original point.

Im not trying to be negative nor do I want to convey an attitude of negativity. However,

there are some on this forum who do, in fact, have accurate information based on first hand information.

Tragically, the Citations have fallen, like the Spartans in 07-08, due to certain individuals who don't care about the activity.

They care only about themselves.

These individuals are driven by their own misguided pupose and need for control and have sadly convinced many of the young

people in this vicinity that they are the saviours of the drum corps activity in the northeast.

We all can only hope that the current state of open class corps (and world class for that matter, too) dont fall prey to

those types of individuals who will go to extremes via lies and deception to achieve thier petty goals in an attempt to

prove their worth and merit.

Shame on them and shame on all of us for not paying attention to and intervening into what happened in front of our very eyes.

One month later....I reiterate my original point.

Im not trying to be negative nor do I want to convey an attitude of negativity. However,

there are some on this forum who do, in fact, have accurate information based on first hand information.

Tragically, the Citations have fallen, like the Spartans in 07-08, due to certain individuals who don't care about the activity.

They care only about themselves.

These individuals are driven by their own misguided pupose and need for control and have sadly convinced many of the young

people in this vicinity that they are the saviours of the drum corps activity in the northeast.

We all can only hope that the current state of open class corps (and world class for that matter, too) dont fall prey to

those types of individuals who will go to extremes via lies and deception to achieve thier petty goals in an attempt to

prove their worth and merit.

Shame on them and shame on all of us for not paying attention to and intervening into what happened in front of our very eyes.

:tongue:

That is an absolutely atrocious and untrue statement.

The story goes that the Spartans staff asked Peter LaFlamme to step down after the 07 season because the instructional staff wanted a director that wasn't involved with fraud. He wouldn't, so the staff was going to take the season off and hopefully join the group again when Peter left. In the interim, they joined the citations; The Citations KNEW THIS when they came on board, and fully expected that the staff was not permanent.

Don't run around insinuating things that you don't actually know.

Richie and the rest of them are absolutely 100% committed to giving those kids the best experience possible REGARDLESS of affiliation or name. It should never be about who's in charge and what colors you're wearing, it's about the experience that the kids get on AND off the field.

For more chat, please visit our "Citations Inactive" thread. The horse is dead already.

Topic closed.