CT Hurricanes and DCA

:thumbup:

Did the CT Hurricanes get the old shafting at DCA? It seems like a couple of judges had it in for them during finals.

My question isn't meant to take away anything from the other corps who competed in Rochester. Congratulations to the top three!

I'm curious about people's opinions on this subject.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that prelims was ridiculous and completely wrong!

What the placement was for Finals is what it should have been for prelims. Also, the scores were way to low at prelims, hence the big jump in scores!

Empire should have been beating Hurcs for a few shows IMO.

Only reason Hurcs are going is because of their ridiculously good guard!

and LOL to anyone who thought that they could take the Bucs!

Did the CT Hurricanes get the old shafting at DCA? It seems like a couple of judges had it in for them during finals.

My question isn't meant to take away anything from the other corps who competed in Rochester. Congratulations to the top three!

[/quote

Were you there at finals? ........ If not, that is an unfair statement. Why is it when someone falls a few spots, or doesn't win a show, they blame everyone but the people that should be blamed?

I don't think so. Either ES came out on fire or the Hurcs laid an egg. I've been on both sides of the equation before and I know what it's like. Maybe it just wasn't the Hurcs night. Sometimes you're the dog and sometimes you're the tree.

Yep, and the umpire always favors the Yankees if you are a Sox fan, or the Sox if you are a Yankees fan. How about those refs when the Boston Bruins vistin Montreal. They obviously have red sweaters on under those stripes! Bottom line, it is what it is. Did you enjoy the show? Did you like what the Hurcs did? The fact that they didn't finish as high as you thought, did it harm you physically? I hope not. Not making excuses for any of it. I was not at finals, but I did catch the top 8 at prelims, and enjoyed every show for the obvious effort that was put in. I walked away satisfied. I got what I paid for, entertained. We can and always will second guess judging, or officials in a sport. But if you allow it to ruin your day you have only one person to blame for that, and you look at 'em every day in the mirror.

I got to perform Friday night with 20 of my best friends, and my wife holding the American flag. We were "tied" for second. Was I disappointed? Just a tad. I thought we should have tied for first. :tongue: Must have been that dang judge that put us in 6th! Nah, bottom line, I enjoyed the heck out of entertaining the fans and showing what I was doing for my winter/spring/summer vacation. Even more, I enjoyed doing it with my drum corps family! In fact I can't wait for next year to do it all over again, where ever we finish. If I get off that stage and feel I left some home, then and only then as a performer I will feel the loss. Otherwise, what a ride! I am quite certain there were many Hurcs that felt that same feeling. Your job as a fan is to enjoy "your" favorite drum corps. Now do your job! :thumbup:

Well even the guard scores ended up pretty tight with Buccs guard tying them in performance and just 1 tenth down in composition!

I think Hurcs were very good this year but three corps were just on fire in finals!

Edited by Fan of D.C.

Well even the guard scores ended up pretty tight with Buccs guard tying them in performance and just 1 tenth down in composition!

I think Hurcs were very good this year but three corps were just on fire in finals!

I'm saying if their guard wasn't as good as they are they would have been beaten by the cabs and possibly the renegades.

I think that prelims was ridiculous and completely wrong!

What the placement was for Finals is what it should have been for prelims. Also, the scores were way to low at prelims, hence the big jump in scores!

Empire should have been beating Hurcs for a few shows IMO.

and LOL to anyone who thought that they could take the Bucs!

I think I would tend to agree with you. I thought from Kingston on Empire should have been beating Hurcs. The only thing I disagree with is that I also thing Hurcs guard ( Although good ) should have been a close 2nd or maybe even 3rd..Especially in comp...that was a crazy score with that book.