CT Hurricanes and DCA

Old people who use commas instead of periods are funny. :tongue::smile:

It gives {*slow } people a moment to let it sink in. Do you need more,,,,,,,,,,,? :tongue:

*IMHO

*This disclaimer has been added to my statement by my legal staff. Any statement made by me

or anyone resembling me cannot be misconstrued as a direct or indirect comment that could be

considered a personal attack on the first or second part of the third parts is parts.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully you've seen the 19 second video of it that's up on facebook. pretty classic!

I've seen it and commented it!

Edited by AlbionNY Drum Line

Hopefully you've seen the 19 second video of it that's up on facebook. pretty classic!

Nothing more then just awesome. The best part is that there were 2 guys who no one knew already on the car. They just joined in with everyone. At the end, we spoke to them and all they did was laugh and say they will see us next year. Good times.

another opportunity to jump in and remind people that the old tick system was subjective - if you have 2 hours I'd explain it... but as an example... and especially for Sun66... here's one of my favorite judging stories...

I'm pretty sure it was the first show of 1982.... This hot shot judge is out there on execution M&M determined to prove that he is better than the corps on the field... As the corps gets more and more into a VERY complex drill - that judge and all of his 300# ups it a notch... they aren't going to fool him... he will run his butt ragged and evaluate every judgeable situation presented... It was amazing... he ran and ran, stopping only to hit the sheet with those ticks...

After the show, the staff of that corps - Long Island Sunrisers - came into the critique and walked up to that hustling judge (who was probably still out of breath) and said: "We just want to ask you one question. Who was the best marching corps on the field today?" The judge looked up and smiled and said - "that's easy - YOU were!"

"Good remember that next week after you've looked at tonight's recap and realize you had us in last place"

That corps was one of the best DCA has seen and the won the 1982 DCA World Championship... and that judge... I'm sure you figured out it was ME - never forgot that lesson well learned. My first job was NOT to find every possible tick on the field but rather to decide who the best marching corps was - rank and rate... Not just tick every judgeable situation when they had over double the judgeable situations than their competitors...

The tick system was NOT Objective - it was VERY Subjective and VERY difficult to use and near impossible to teach to new judges... thank heavens we no longer go through that charade...

we thank you Tom