DCPI XIII Pre-Season Event Returns

Wayne

All members of DCPI are invited to participate in the Dragon Festival of Music, sponsored by the Florida Dragon Organization. The event will be held at Sebastian River High School in Sebastian, Florida on Friday October 9th and Saturday October 10th, 2009. This will be a three-round event (schedule outline will be posted below). This competition will not be in DCI/DCPI format, but more of a general marching band format with an extended judging panel. Five competitive classes will be offered along with one exhibition class.

Logistics Below:

Schedule Format

Preliminaries will begin (depending on the amount of ensembles in attendance) between 8:00 AM and 10:00 AM on Friday 9 October and will last all day. Preliminaries should end no later than 10:00 PM (again, depending on the amount of ensembles in attendance). Semi-Finals (with the top 20 ensembles regardless of class) will begin on Saturday 10 October at approximately at 9:00 AM. Finals will be the evening of Saturday 10 October beginning at 6:00 PM.

Ensembles Allowed

Each organization will be allowed a MAXIMUM of ONE ensemble per competitive class plus one ensemble in the Open Class to perform in exhibition. Classes are broken down as follows:

Open: Non-Competitive, Ratings only, scores sent to the director privately

Class 1A: less than 45 members

Class 2A: 46-65 members

Class 3A: 66-100 members

Class 4A: 101-130 members

Class 5A: more than 131 members

**Should organizations have more than one competing ensemble with memberships that would be in the same class (eg: Florida Dragon Battalion and Florida Dragon Regiment both have 140 members to put both in Class 5A), then the "lower" ensemble will be allowed to compete one class lower. Lower and upper ensembles are determined by their DCPI Class.**

Judging

Main Captions

General Effect (40 total points)

GE Music (2 judges, 20 points each averaged together)

GE Visual (2 judges, 20 points each averaged together)

Music Performance

Ensemble Music (2 judges, 20 points each averaged together)

Individual Music (One judge, 10 points)

Visual Performance

Ensemble Visual (2 judges, 20 points each averaged together)

Individual Visual (One judge, 10 points)

Unit Captions

Percussion

One judge (50 points for Front Ensemble + 50 points for Battery = 100 points total)

Auxiliary

One judge (50 points for Flags / Rifles + 50 points for Dancers / Sabers = 100 points total)

Drum Major

One judge (50 points for Image / Projection + 50 points for Field Conducting = 100 points total)

How will you submit?

I am using the random number system. You will choose one number per area (GE Music, GE Visual, etc). From there, I have a program that will generate scores depending on the numbers you select. In short, this is a game of luck and chance, so bigger ensembles are not guaranteed to win and smaller ensembles are not guaranteed to lose.

Registration Form:

Please send ALL registration forms via PM to Wayne Wildt, Executive Director of the Florida Dragon Organization. All registration forms are due by midnight (Eastern Time) on Thursday 1 October. Late registrations will be subject to minor penalty. Earlier applications will be performing later in their class in the preliminary round.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Director's Name:

Organization's Name (if you are submitting more than one ensemble for competition):

Names of Ensembles Submitting for Competition / Exhibition Performance (please also give membership counts and home locations for each ensemble):

Judging Submission (please copy and paste for each ensemble you enter and fill out accordingly, Choose a number between 1 and 30. You may repeat numbers as much as you wish):

Music Performance

Ensemble Music

Individual Music

Visual Performance

Ensemble Visual

Individual Visual

General Effect

GE Music

GE Visual

Percussion

Front Ensemble

Battery

Auxiliary

Flags / Rifles

Dancers / Sabres

Drum Major

Image / Projection

Field Conducting

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to everyone that wants to participate!

Good luck!

Oh and I forgot to confess something....

There IS a 50% chance that each ensemble can receive a penalty. Penalties range from 0.25 to 1.00 that will be subtracted from your overall score. :tongue:

• 4 weeks later...

It gives me much regret to announce that due to lack of participation in this season's event (and that off-season pre-season events aren't as appealing), I will have to cancel this season's festival. We will be back next season and will honor all applications that we turned in for this season by giving them priority for a time slot in next season's Dragon Festival of Music preliminary round.

My apologies for any inconvenience and good luck to everyone in DCPI-XIII!

Might have better luck with this in December, closer to the start of Season XIII. There's just no traffic in this forum right now.

I just plain forgot about it. My Bad.

Might have better luck with this in December, closer to the start of Season XIII. There's just no traffic in this forum right now.

That's a good possibility, which I might act on. I'll see how things go for now. I still have all of the applications that were turned in, so no one would have to redo them.

I honestly havent been on for well since shortly after finals for CLASS ACT...I decided I better check to make sure nothing too exciting was going on and to remind myself when the seaosn starts! LOL Knight Org is working hard on our shows already...we, per norm, will not announce until season starts...we are also working hard with our sister Corps Nemesis at FMA to return to world class after a few rough seasons and our feeder band group Marching Knights...Nemesis is doing "Little Russian" this season and should be a great show!

As of now, I am looking at a early to mid December week to have this event.

There are no definite dates as of yet, but at this time applications are REOPENED for submissions!!!

Should we reapply if we have an application in already? If not, then I stand on my original application.