New guy from Texas

EuphD09

Hey DCP!

I'm kind of a newb when it comes to Drum Corps, just got into it about a year ago but it's taken my interest by storm. I've already decided I want to march in a couple of years, thinking of trying for Crossmen for the 2011 season and after that trying for Phantom till I age-out. (Which means '14 would be my last year). I obviously play Baritone/Euphonium (on my 2nd year after switching from trumpet) and I completely love it.

Anyways, that's just a little about me. Hello again to everyone on the forums and I'm glad to be here!

Welcome to DCP. :rolleyes:

I started off as a trumpet player and switched to low brass also.

Whereabouts in the big state of Texas do you live? (Dallas are here.) There are lots of DCI and DCA peeps in Texas for sure.

I'm a bit north of Austin, one of my old band directors taught with PR and really got me into it, my current marching director also taught with PR this past summer, also used to teach Revolution. Our new brass director marched with SCV and taught with the Blue Stars I think. So yeah, I'm fortunate enough to have a lot of DCI folks teaching around me! :)

I'm a bit north of Austin, one of my old band directors taught with PR and really got me into it, my current marching director also taught with PR this past summer, also used to teach Revolution. Our new brass director marched with SCV and taught with the Blue Stars I think. So yeah, I'm fortunate enough to have a lot of DCI folks teaching around me! :)

I'm in South Austin. In Texas terms, we're neighbors! Welcome to DCP. :rolleyes:

I'm a bit north of Austin myself. But still south of Waco. Enough so that I get Austin and Waco programs on the rabbit ears on the TV. There's tons of options to march or not march in state. And there seems to be new corps popping up all the time. No need to wait two years per say. Although I can understand if you don't have a drivers license / car and the likes. It's kind of hard to partake of this activity without proper transport these days. Although I managed five years of DCI Div. I myself and didn't get my drivers license until my age out year. Class of '14... yikes DCI Class of '92 myself. Class of '89 for HS.