Spirit Annouces Drill Designer

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he will do fine, especially now that he doesn't have Cesario looking over his shoulder every five minutes. That was a major limiting factor on the drill he wrote over the past 3 years. I think some freedom to create and take risks is what allows drill writers to really flex their creative muscle. As someone who has been taught by him and taught with him, I wish him all the best.

I think he will do fine, especially now that he doesn't have Cesario looking over his shoulder every five minutes. That was a major limiting factor on the drill he wrote over the past 3 years. I think some freedom to create and take risks is what allows drill writers to really flex their creative muscle. As someone who has been taught by him and taught with him, I wish him all the best.

I think he will be just fine. Also, I'm not sure that it was just Cesario that may have had an impact on the final product that ended up on the field. Which IMHO was good anyway. Regardless though, there was quite a bit of very good material written and worked on that didn't even make it to the first show. I'm sure that happens in every corps but it was something I noticed in particular with the Colts last season. I think Spirit will be just fine and so will Jeremy Hunt. GL to both!

Edited by bmroth1

anything would be better than Spirit's visual show from last year, but this isn't getting them near the 12th spot anytime soon.

It might help visually as the Colts did tie for 12th in Visual and took 12th outright in visual GE.

Edited by bmroth1

...um...i'm not being picky...but Calgary is a city in Alberta ;-)

Yeah, as Barney Stinson would say, it's Canada which isn't like a real country.

...um...i'm not being picky...but Calgary is a city in Alberta ;-)

Pfft, to Americans, we're all from either Toronto, Montreal or Vancouver. :thumbup:

The Colts were done in more by their music and "concepts" the last two seasons, I do believe -- even though they were cool shows.

Jeremy's drill was effective and fit into what they were doing. And he's a BIG reason that Crown, Glassmen, Madison and Colts all advanced as far as they did in the years he was there.

Not only writing the drill but having a big say in the staff that teaches that drill will help with Spirit.

Jeremy's going to do fine. Besides, I taught him all I know ... :thumbup: ... and look where he's taken it!!!

:worthy:

Pfft, to Americans, we're all from either Toronto, Montreal or Vancouver. :thumbup:

I like hockey. And curling. And Doug Thrower.

Jeremy and Cesario are often a package deal. I wouldn't be surprised to see Cesario and hunt at Spirit.

Not to mention the horrible guard staff. Dont care what they did in winter cant write and for sure cant clean for summer :whistle:

Pretty sure the "staff" not designers that were there last summer never taught at Northeast Independent, but were members there. Still doesnt excuse the fact that it was bad.