Defenders Alumni Corps @ The 2009 Plymouth Show

Seeing it for yourself... the ultimate review. A little BFDTV video of The Defenders Alumni Corps @ The 2009 Plymouth Show. In two parts too.

Edited by DefenderAlum

That was an incredibly fun day!! The fact that it was so warm for the Parade opposed to last years 9 degree weather alone was a bonus.

The show itself was pretty much a blast, I know we had a couple of timing issues but nothing major... Seeing the video Saturday night at the party took away any doubts I had on the overall sound (meaning my mistakes were not as noticeable as I thought)

Everything came together, drum line kicked butt!! Brass, we are really beginning to polish our sound. The Color Guard, excellent job. Never see what you are doing until there is video like this, and great job!!!

January 17,2010 is our Open House as well!!!!!!!!!!!! Always looking for new faces to join the family there!

If you enjoy performing and having fun, you need to come on by and sit in or just sit and listen in for a while. All are welcome!

This entire season was a gas! I want to thank & congratulate you all for such a great performance.

This should push us to bigger & better. We can't sit on our laurels & bask in the glow of a fantastic

performance (well, ok, for a little while). But come January we need to come back stronger than ever.

So, don't pack the horn, sticks, flags, rifles, & sabers away for 6 weeks. Come to rehearsal in Jan.

with the same chops we all had Sat. night & be ready to go from there.

What an awesome day!!!

For some reason I was a bit nervous standing in the hallway waiting to go in, but when we put the horns up for Divergence it was all a blur!!! I thank the Defenders for allowing me to join their (Holy) family. I had a great time this year and look forward to many many more. Kudos to the Management, Staff and members for a great night!!!!!

For all of you out there who want to play, march and belong to a up and coming organization, Defenders is your corps!!! Check us out January 17, 2010 at our open house or go to www.defendersalumni.org.

Alden

Thanks for the tribute to the 1974 Auburn Purple Lancers. That was very cool.

And great job on Divergents BTW

Donny

Thanks for the tribute to the 1974 Auburn Purple Lancers. That was very cool.

And great job on Divergents BTW

Donny

Thanks Donny,

Did you catch the nice little modulation near the end.

It got rid of double tonguing those pesky high Gs!

Glad you liked it.

Steve

Edited by standor

Seeing it for yourself... the ultimate review. A little BFDTV video of The Defenders Alumni Corps @ The 2009 Plymouth Show. In two parts too. Defenders Part 1 Defenders Part 2

Where are folks getting their video? I saw it being shot. I really enjoyed Defenders show! Not knowing what to expect I was pleaasantly surprised. I enjoyed the content. The corps definitely carved out their own niche. I played in Park City.

Where are folks getting their video? I saw it being shot. I really enjoyed Defenders show! Not knowing what to expect I was pleaasantly surprised. I enjoyed the content. The corps definitely carved out their own niche. I played in Park City.

from one st. louis bluesr' to another, thanks. you guys are always fantastic to watch. video is just stuff friends of the corps shot that night.

the real videos are coming out soon. 2 cameras, amazing audio, they should be great! Order them now on www.usathanksgiving.com.

from one st. louis bluesr' to another, thanks. you guys are always fantastic to watch. video is just stuff friends of the corps shot that night. The real videos are coming out soon. 2 cameras, amazing audio, they should be great! Order them now on www.usathanksgiving.com.
Im a 27 alum. This is my 1st year with PCP. Im trying to help the corps keep the drumline moving forward. Thanks for the tip.

Im a 27 alum. This is my 1st year with PCP. Im trying to help the corps keep the drumline moving forward. Thanks for the tip.

I'm a 27 alum too.

I taught The Lancers with Wedge in 1972 & 73.

I taught the Defenders in the 70s and early 80s, now I'm teaching and playing with the Defenders Alumni Corps.

What years did you march 27?

I'm an old timer, I marched 1970 & 71 (Also 94).