City Sound Drum & Bugle Corps 2010 Season

nothing was said to put anyone else down, I thought. Seems more like "you'll be surprised that we are going to offer a top quality experience comparable to other, well established corps in the socal area."

good luck City Sound, looking forward to seeing you in the future!

i see...totally different wording, and of course making much more sense the way you put it. still has not answered the question as to if they are approved by dci yet

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i see...totally different wording, and of course making much more sense the way you put it. still has not answered the question as to if they are approved by dci yet

:tongue:

What does having the approval from DCI have to do with an organization being able to offer a great opportunity for performers? There is a lot more depth to the activity then just DCI. When/if they are approved for competition status, I'm confident an announcement with be made.

All the best to City Sound!

What does having the approval from DCI have to do with an organization being able to offer a great opportunity for performers? There is a lot more depth to the activity then just DCI. When/if they are approved for competition status, I'm confident an announcement with be made.

Thank you, we are doing our best.

Check out our web page I have just posted block buster news in our Staff section.

Thank you, we are doing our best.

Check out our web page I have just posted block buster news in our Staff section.

We are just one day away! Hope to see you all there.

I don't know of too many college sports programs that are not affiliated with the NCAA. Same thing these days with Drum Corps. It's DCI, DCA or bust. I'm not saying that's the way it SHOULD be. I'm saying that's the way it IS.

Edited by Piper

I don't know of too many college sports programs that are not affiliated with the NCAA.

A lot of the collegiate fencing programs are not...USC, for example, is a club, not a sanctioned team (yet we have a thriving collegiate league out here in SoCal)...while ULCA is.

I don't know of too many college sports programs that are not affiliated with the NCAA. Same thing these days with Drum Corps. It's DCI, DCA or bust. I'm not saying that's the way it SHOULD be. I'm saying that's the way it IS.

Well, drum corps for the most part is not part of college, so that example just doesnt work well here. If you look at a program like Academy as they started out or any other parade only corps. There are many opportunities. I believe Legends may have started as an exhibition corps, too. There are many ways to be successful and build a program or offer performance opportunities without being members of DCI or DCA. It might be ideal in many situations, but not the be all end all.

Well, drum corps for the most part is not part of college, so that example just doesnt work well here. If you look at a program like Academy as they started out or any other parade only corps. There are many opportunities. I believe Legends may have started as an exhibition corps, too. There are many ways to be successful and build a program or offer performance opportunities without being members of DCI or DCA. It might be ideal in many situations, but not the be all end all.

The NCAA, DCI and DCA all have one thing in common - they're essentially monopolies. Local or regional Drum Corps circuits are all but extinct. Parades are a great way to start out, but when kids get a taste of DCI they're going to bolt. I can't count the number of times I've seen that happen. Who wants to follow horses when they can perform on Broadway instead?

Edited by Piper