flugelbone for sale

euph2008

Is anyone in the market for a flugelbone? If you don't know what that is, it's basically a marching valve trombone with a tighter wrap to make it more compact. I'm trying to get rid of it to save money to get a marching baritone that I need. Here's the one that I have... http://www.kanstul.net/detail.php?pass_sea...arching%20Brass

• 4 weeks later...

how does $1000 sound? Brand new they go for 1600-1700. This one is basically new, not a scratch on it.

The Kanstul Model 955 Marching Trombone, aka "Flugelbone", is a popular instrument, combining the versatility of the valve trombone with the warmth and projection of a large bore flugel horn. This instrument was originally designed by Zig Kanstul for King as the "Flugabone", and later refined for sale under his own name. Sadly, King discontinued this instrument a number of years ago but the Kanstul version is quite popular.

Leonhard Paul of Mnozil Brass often plays an old beat-up King flugabone during performances, and Zig Kanstul made one for Francis Ford Coppola a few years ago. It's great for jazz, dixieland, big band, and it's a nice change of color for brass ensembles of any size. I've also heard it referred to as "the poor man's bass trumpet".

All the best,

Moving to Marketplace.

The Kanstul Model 955 Marching Trombone, aka "Flugelbone", is a popular instrument, combining the versatility of the valve trombone with the warmth and projection of a large bore flugel horn. This instrument was originally designed by Zig Kanstul for King as the "Flugabone", and later refined for sale under his own name. Sadly, King discontinued this instrument a number of years ago but the Kanstul version is quite popular.

Leonhard Paul of Mnozil Brass often plays an old beat-up King flugabone during performances, and Zig Kanstul made one for Francis Ford Coppola a few years ago. It's great for jazz, dixieland, big band, and it's a nice change of color for brass ensembles of any size. I've also heard it referred to as "the poor man's bass trumpet".

All the best,

The great mellophonist Don Elliott started a comeback in the early '80s on the Flugabone. There was even an article in the New York Times that featured a photo of him playing the horn.

So Francis Ford Coppola is a brass player? Who knew?!

BTW, Did Kanstul produce a set of copper bell mellophoniums for a European military band?