Tampa Bay Thunder 2011

Update:

Great organizational meeting this past weekend in Tampa with some dedicated people to support this effort.

Check List: Accountant - On the Board

Lawyer - On the Board

Bank VP - On the Board

Two Business Onwers - On the Board

501 © 3 Paperwork being completed for January 4, 2010

Seed Money obtained for start-up - In hand

Next step: Complete paperwork, complete board, Contact DCA, website up and running by Feb 1, 2010!!!

HERE WE GO!!!!

CS

Best of luck to you!!!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check List: Accountant - On the Board

Lawyer - On the Board

Bank VP - On the Board

Two Business Onwers - On the Board

501 © 3 Paperwork being completed for January 4, 2010

Seed Money obtained for start-up - In hand

Next step: Complete paperwork, complete board, Contact DCA, website up and running by Feb 1, 2010!!!

CS

This will never work. You have prudently exercised due diligence in your business affairs before:

creating custom dyestuffs to color the custom fabrics for your custom uniforms,

commissioning an original twelve-tone suite in six movements, exploring what it would feel like to be pi (or pie),

hiring an executive assistant deputy left-handed weapons design consultant coordinator technician or

getting in a pissing contest on DCP.

What are you people thinking. I tell you, nothing good can come of this.

Robert

ps Best wishes

My best wishes to Tampa Bay Thunder. Maybe Cincinnati Tradition can field a corps as well.....

Thanks for the kind words re CT.

Back on topic, with the good sense these cats are showing, is it too much to hope that there will eventually be a "Florida weekend," like the current "Wisconsin weekend" and "Minnesota weekend"? That would be SWEET!

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks for the kind words re CT.

Back on topic, with the good sense these cats are showing, is it too much to hope that there will eventually be a "Florida weekend," like the current "Wisconsin weekend" and "Minnesota weekend"? That would be SWEET!

Update:

I am pleased to say that the Tampa Bay Thunder Drum and Bugle Corps is off an running in the right direction. After meeting with these start-up individuals I am happy to report they have made great progress in a short period of time, ahead of schedule actually. They have filed with the state, opened a bank account that has a few dollars in it and have a organizational meeting on Feb 14, 2010 that will have over 14 individuals attending.

After this meeting they will announce appointments to the Board, time table for progress and start selecting Management Staff. The new website should be up and running shortly after this meeting.

This is a work in progress but I am proud to be apart of it once again.

JVN

Founder - Tampa Bay Thunder

Wasn't there suppose to be another corps from Florida that was suppose to come out this past summer? Two years ago they were competing for member with Sun Devs, they had a drum line...are they still plan on coming out? Anyone know, or is this the same group. I think it's cool for the state of Florida...more members for DCASouth.

The top corps presently based in Florida is the Boston Crusaders.

Seems Boston is in Massachusetts and Crusaders just rehearse in FL. So that leaves Teal Sound and Sun Devils...any other corps?

The top corps presently based in Florida is the Boston Crusaders.

Seems Boston is in Massachusetts and Crusaders just rehearse in FL. So that leaves Teal Sound and Sun Devils...any other corps?

The Crusaders rehearse in Florida, but I understand much of their recruiting base is in Florida.