Please vote at Chase Community Giving

Some of you may be tired of reading about this, but it's not too often that there is the opportunity for several corps to be handed a check for $25,000. Just in case you haven't heard:

Chase Bank has established a program called Chase Community Giving on Facebook. Any Facebook user can vote for the non-profits that they think should be awarded money. The 100 groups that have the most votes by next Friday, Dec 11th, will each receive $25,000 and move into a second round where they could receive even more. ALL corps are eligible - here is a link that lists them all.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=220882264111

Please vote!!!! And then get three friends to vote also - don't just tell them about this. Stand and look over their shoulder and make sure that they do this. As a person who wrestles with corps budgets, you wouldn't believe the difference that this could make.

As of Dec 4th, Crown, Phantom, Cavies, Colts, Academy, Troopers and SCV all have significant vote totals, with several other corps not too far behind. No one knows how many votes are needed to win, but we all need more than we have. Thanks!

Please dont forget to vote for the corps that AREN'T in the top 12 either. Pioneer certainly could use an influx of a few dollars...

Donny

Carolina Crown is nearing the 1800 vote mark today and we hope to end the campaign on 12/11 with 2500 votes.

Did you vote? Could you help us by asking others to vote?

http://apps.facebook.com/chasecommunitygiv...harities/633737

And also make sure you vote for the other corps....

This is attainable... with your help.

Edited by njthundrrd

I voted for...

BAA

Pioneer

Caballeros

Buccaneers

Shenandoah Sound

Spartans

Music City Legend

Madison Scouts

Blue Stars

Brigadiers

Bushwackers

Capital Sound

Carolina Gold

Empire Statesmen

Govenaires

Hurricanes

Kilties

Carolina Crown

Long Island Sunrisers

Bluecoats

Really wish I could have voted for everyone. I ended up voting mostly for corps with smaller financial backing but did vote for my favorite large corps too. Carolina Crown...1,793...WOW...Think you're leading this... Best of luck to all the corps, as I know everyone is deserving of the funds!!!

God Bless,

chris

Bucs Alumni contra

Edited by Penn State

I still greatly disagree with the idea that drum corps should be my first choice of where I want charity money to go to. Do I want to see corps do well and financially prosper? Yes. But if Chase bank has 5,000,000 to give, why should that money first be given to a drum corps as opposed to a charity/ organization focused on funding research for pediatric disorders or cancers. Or charities for those in third world countries? I may be the debbie downer with this, but I feel like there are way more important ways to use a large sum of money other than drum corps.

I still greatly disagree with the idea that drum corps should be my first choice of where I want charity money to go to. Do I want to see corps do well and financially prosper? Yes. But if Chase bank has 5,000,000 to give, why should that money first be given to a drum corps as opposed to a charity/ organization focused on funding research for pediatric disorders or cancers. Or charities for those in third world countries? I may be the debbie downer with this, but I feel like there are way more important ways to use a large sum of money other than drum corps.

Many companies are helping fight pediatric cancer....

http://thon.org/donors/companypartners

Hey Guys! WE CAN BREAK 2000 votes by the end of lunch today... Please help?

CHASE BANK COMMUNITY GIVING CAMPAIGN:

http://apps.facebook.com/chasecommunitygiv...737?src=comment

Voting ends Friday, we need your help to get to 2500 votes and have a chance at this!!!!

Please IM or email some of you drum corps friends to help, doesn't matter what corps or cause... but please use one of your votes for Carolina Crown!