Buzzing sound on 2007 DVDs?

Worst finals field ever. Especially for the semi's corps. We had to look directly into the sun....my drum major was a silhouette

Worst finals field ever. Especially for the semi's corps. We had to look directly into the sun....my drum major was a silhouette

If that was the least of your worries, you got off pretty good! There have been plenty of sites far worse than Pasadena for finals. I was at one of them!

Everyone,

Thank you so much for the replies. I did a search but didn't find anything talking about it so I appreciate it. I feel better it was not my expensive speakers.

You probably missed the fine print at the bottom of the case on the back for the 2007 DVDs:

"Lighting at the historic Rose Bowl Stadium created a buzzing noise which was captured by the state-of-the-art audio equipment used to record the performances on these DVDs. This is inherent in all recordings made in the stadium and may be noticeable during playback."

This is DCI market speak for "It's a feature, not a bug. We got complaints from some of you pain-in-the-butt drum corps fans after the CDs went out, so we put this here to fend off your whining. If you didn't dig the acoustics in the Rose Bowl, check out the championships in our new acoustic palace, Lucas Oil Field."

The buzzing sound was actually cause by Michael Boo "playing" a garden hose...

Why do you put "playing" inside quotation marks? When I play the garden hose, it is pure art, an act that brings tears to the faces of nuns and angels. If one could get to the stage of Carnegie Hall on musical purity alone, I'd be selling out my garden hose concerts every year. But no, just because I've fought the tide of technology and refuse to amp my hose, I'm now a pariah in the garden hose community. Amping my garden hose might be fine if I was playing the Superdome, but Carnegie Hall? Come on. The madness must stop somewhere, and I'm taking the stand. And don't even get me on the subject of those who have sampled their garden hoses and don't even bother taking them out of their lockboxes anymore. What a cop out. Garden hoses are meant to be played acoustically and in all their green glory. (I'm a purist, so I don't go in for those wacky psychedelic colors like white or black.)

What you probably heard in Pasadena was me, but it wasn't due to my hose.

Why do you put "playing" inside quotation marks? When I play the garden hose, it is pure art, an act that brings tears to the faces of nuns and angels. If one could get to the stage of Carnegie Hall on musical purity alone, I'd be selling out my garden hose concerts every year. But no, just because I've fought the tide of technology and refuse to amp my hose, I'm now a pariah in the garden hose community. Amping my garden hose might be fine if I was playing the Superdome, but Carnegie Hall? Come on. The madness must stop somewhere, and I'm taking the stand. And don't even get me on the subject of those who have sampled their garden hoses and don't even bother taking them out of their lockboxes anymore. What a cop out. Garden hoses are meant to be played acoustically and in all their green glory. (I'm a purist, so I don't go in for those wacky psychedelic colors like white or black.)

What you probably heard in Pasadena was me, but it wasn't due to my hose.

:grouphug::tongue::smile: :smile: :happy: