Everything but "some old drum corps photos"

How's this for a booster window decal?

icrshipbooster.JPG

One of these days I'll have to start scanning my hundreds of buttons. :doh:

Then I can start on posters, patches, uniform parts....... iy yi yi. :blink:

I've got a major museum here. :doh:

I like this window decal. Thank you ...and I like buttons, patches and...no rush, scan when you can :-)

FFernsInTexas.gif

SWEET!!!!

0fc40f00.jpg

The drawing was created by Harold Davis, a student of the late Bobby Thompson - when Harold was 11 years old. Bobby was Harold's first drum instructor. Harold relates that Thompson "...told me about Blessed Sacrament and gave me a Dream contest album...maybe 1959 or 1960. I played it all the time, practicing the [rudimental] bass drum solos.... I would draw pictures in crayon of some of the top drum corps. ...I was visiting my Mom in NYC a couple of months ago [and found that one of the pictures had] survived. I marched with St. Roccos Cadets, then the New York Skyliners. I'm now a studio drummer, recording sound tracks for movies and for jazz and pop artist, including Les McCann, Stevie Wonder, Average White Band, the late Grover Washington, Jr., and others. I'll always remember Mr. Thompson - the man who helped a poor kid from NYC!"

Many thanks to Harold for sharing his picture and the story behind it.

October, 1958

07ac2780.jpg

Edited by GaryD

...the first winning season:

048ecbf0.jpg

...and the final competing season. Note: BSGK was a founding member of DCI, but decided not to attend the first DCI championship in Whitewater.

16e56450.jpg

0fc40f00.jpg

The drawing was created by Harold Davis, a student of the late Bobby Thompson - when Harold was 11 years old. Bobby was Harold's first drum instructor. Harold relates that Thompson "...told me about Blessed Sacrament and gave me a Dream contest album...maybe 1959 or 1960. I played it all the time, practicing the [rudimental] bass drum solos.... I would draw pictures in crayon of some of the top drum corps. ...I was visiting my Mom in NYC a couple of months ago [and found that one of the pictures had] survived. I marched with St. Roccos Cadets, then the New York Skyliners. I'm now a studio drummer, recording sound tracks for movies and for jazz and pop artist, including Les McCann, Stevie Wonder, Average White Band, the late Grover Washington, Jr., and others. I'll always remember Mr. Thompson - the man who helped a poor kid from NYC!"

Many thanks to Harold for sharing his picture and the story behind it.

Wow! The drawing is excellent. Thanks for posting this.