Everything but "some old drum corps photos"

Program0013.jpg

...and then that Spanish Band from New Jersey would come up and kick our butts...no fair. Anyone know which corps are represented next to Hawthorne? I'm thinkin' Sunrisers for the middle one...no idea who the far right is...

There is this conversation going on over on this DCP thread about this one...

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...p;gopid=2744569

Program0013.jpg

...and then that Spanish Band from New Jersey would come up and kick our butts...no fair. Anyone know which corps are represented next to Hawthorne? I'm thinkin' Sunrisers for the middle one...no idea who the far right is...

One of my favourite drum corps contest stadiums. I realize it wasn't the best stadium but the shows at the CNE grandstand were enjoyable on the field, in the stands, after the contest and lots of fun on the grounds during exhibition time. Thanks for posting this.

On the CNE Grandstand pic - the guy on the bottom right is Vern Johannson, Drum Major the the Toronto Optimists.

Edited by Paq

77-uk3.jpg

This photo brings back some memories. We once did a performance at a race track in Norwalk or maybe Port Clinton, Ohio. Somehow me an another guy got separated from the corps and missed the bus. The other guy was a little more worldly then I and suggested that we hitchhike back about 60 miles. Some kind person picked us up and we made it back still wearing our uniforms. No cell phones in those days and neither of us had any money. Parents never found out.