1988 Suncoast Sound

A truly wonderful and unique show.

Would it hold up today? Unquestionably, the horn book would. Stellar writing and arranging, and performed very, very well. The guard work was outstanding. I would question the drum book and drill. While they were part of that overall very good and enjoyable show, I think they were the weaker parts of the overall package, so I'm not sure that they (and therefore the overall show) would hold up today.

Still, I would love to see that show again LIVE, rather than on DVD/tape/whatever.

Karen

A truly wonderful and unique show.

Would it hold up today? Unquestionably, the horn book would. Stellar writing and arranging, and performed very, very well. The guard work was outstanding. I would question the drum book and drill. While they were part of that overall very good and enjoyable show, I think they were the weaker parts of the overall package, so I'm not sure that they (and therefore the overall show) would hold up today.

Still, I would love to see that show again LIVE, rather than on DVD/tape/whatever.

Karen

Those were always the weak spots....the visual didn't really come along until 89, and the drums never really did for me. Still...a corps that NEVER got the credit it deserved.

Those were always the weak spots....the visual didn't really come along until 89, and the drums never really did for me. Still...a corps that NEVER got the credit it deserved.

The overall drumline maybe, but Suncoast had some wicked good bass lines in the mid 80's.

The overall drumline maybe, but Suncoast had some wicked good bass lines in the mid 80's.

85 and 86 especially.

Wow... I am new to drum corps and was absolutely floored by that performance! Such an interesting show!