ERIE TUNDERBIRDS 2010

WOW !!! Folks......Ya gotta see this :tongue: American Legion Post 773 is the New Home and a perfect marriage for the Erie Thunderbirds and this Millcreek Post of the American Legion.

How this was ever pulled off (Gary Matczak comes to mind) I'm not sure but, this could be the start of something HUGE for our Corps'. What a great facility. Plenty of room for both percussion and Brass to rehearse......atmosphere to die for....as in....Veteran's of the Armed Services who actually WANT US THERE... :tongue:

Our first rehearsal, last Sunday, featured one of our several Guest Conducters for the upcoming 2010 season Mr. Bill McGrath. I was introduced to him upon my arrival and was surprised to learn that he remembered a 1962 Parade in Meadville, Pa. and the then Meadville Thunderbirds. He even recounted the number of Brass in the horn line and even gave Kudo's to our Drum Line at that time. (they were pretty #### good....Swedish rudiments an all).

Gotta thank him for taking the time to Pass by our way. (Oh ya.....when we ensambled later in the day.....percussion seemed to have a NEW attitude). Hat's off to Bill on that one.

December 27th is our next rehearsal at Post 773. ALL are welcome including spectators. (especially spectators..........we ALL love an audience...don't we?)

Oh ya........gotta thank some outta-towners for making the trip to that practice.......Kevin "Gadget" Gamin from the Cleveland area...(and his King Bari....SWeeeeeeeet)

Greg Weiss on Contra ...also from western Ohio....Jim Wise (Empire, and PTB fame) on Contra from Buffalo Bills Home ..............

Almost forgot ....."NICK"........The End.

wow...you guys have Nick?