official 2010 World Class show thread

wolfgang

i am also told that the team of jonathon vanderkolff and michael townsend are using "what a world" by rufus wainwright at northview from in.

Edited by dugg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God heavens, it's so long overdue for some unit on Field or Floor to *discover* Rufus ... when, oh when, will Boston Crusaders ever close its show with "Beautiful Child" from the same CD?

:thumbup: ........ladies and gentlemen that was "the" David hill......the goethe of guard,the proust of pageantry and the solzhenitsyn of spinning! Edited by dugg

Fan Network rebooted for 2010: check.

Tickets ordered: check.

Smell of vinyl wafting: close at hand.

Earplugs secured (those darned tinny and too-loud sound systems): three pairs.

Legacy season: on the cusp?

I'm pondering legacy today: Do you know color guard?

great piece by mr. hill!thanks for your eloquent words! :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...
God heavens, it's so long overdue for some unit on Field or Floor to *discover* Rufus ... when, oh when, will Boston Crusaders ever close its show with "Beautiful Child" from the same CD?

Bpex used Rufus' "Oh What a World" back in...2005, I think?

I've also heard Rufus' version of "Hallelujah" (yes, he did a version) a few times- not the whole song, but snippets-- in shows

speaking of the northwest... is north by northwest not coming out this season????

That would be correct. The Madison Scouts tried to bring out a world guard "Fluer De Lis" that would basically roll the existing NxNW group into them. That fell through and then NxNW tried to come back out but after auditions I guess they decided to call it quits or take a season off.

Cascades Independent tried to come back out (the Drum Corps guard staff this time.. not the first people who did cascades ind then turned it into NxNW) but also had to call it quits due to low turn out not making the budget work.

These groups are all here in the Porltand area. Rhapsody is from Seattle. I guess they have 4 ensembles now as as a part of their organization. World Guard, A guard, Regional A guard, and the Rhapsowiggles a very very young prep group.

I don't know what it is. Portland has more Scholastic groups and percussion groups than the smaller Seattle Circuit, but we have no Independent groups here for High School students to aspire to! Thankfully Rhapsody is coming down here for the regional and alot of Portland/Vancouver kids end up in seattle for college and still have opportunities to march past HS.