Teal Sound Camp Weekend

What? This is a complete non sequitur and doesn't even make sense. Since when is the Open Class forum for Open Class members only and the World Class forum for World Class members only? The forums are separated for discussion of World Class corps versus discussion of Open Class corps. The "level" at which any users have marched, taught, volunteered or even observed is completely irrelevant. The point of contention in this thread is that Teal may or may not be a World Class corps next year. The ambiguity around their status is the reason why Randy has posted camp information in both forums.

I know what your saying, but the way CT-Horn worded his post, it seemed like (to me) that he was saying that someone from a World Class corps can't post anything in the Open Class forums, wheather it be about a camp, clinic, a show/performance, or anything else.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just a guess, but usually when an OC corps applies for WC status and it meets the approval of DCI's evaluation committie it gets rubber stamped.

All I was saying was, if you know you are going world class, then start recruiting like a world class corps. Stay out of the Open Class boards when it comes to recruiting. I don't see the Cadets here or the Colts trying to recruit here. They are World Class. And to the person that said they were just needing a rubber stamp to be in World Class you are right and that was my point. DCI has already evaluated Teal, they know they will be going World Class, so why post in a forum you know you will no longer be in any more.

If you need to recruit on DCP for a World Class Corps, buy advertising like other corps do or stick to the World class forums like the World Class corps do.

All I was saying was, if you know you are going world class, then start recruiting like a world class corps. Stay out of the Open Class boards when it comes to recruiting. I don't see the Cadets here or the Colts trying to recruit here. They are World Class. And to the person that said they were just needing a rubber stamp to be in World Class you are right and that was my point. DCI has already evaluated Teal, they know they will be going World Class, so why post in a forum you know you will no longer be in any more.

If you need to recruit on DCP for a World Class Corps, buy advertising like other corps do or stick to the World class forums like the World Class corps do.

As stated earlier, until the full vote next weekend, we are still not official until that time. After which, depending upon the outcome, we will then post in the appropriate section for the politically correct!! Thanks for the concern.

Randy

So you would have a problem if Cadets or Colts posted something here too, then? In no way am I saying that it will happen any time soon, but what if the Cadets and Colts weren't getting as people at their audintions then usual. And both corps want to try to get as many people as possible to try out, and they want to pass the word out that they still have spots open. Personnally I think it's a good idea if a World Class corps posts in the Open Class forums, and vice versa. They're getting the word out. Now if because of that, a World Class corps "steals" members from Open Class corps, and the Open Class corps are having trouble getting members, then there's a problem.

So you would have a problem if Cadets or Colts posted something here too, then? In no way am I saying that it will happen any time soon, but what if the Cadets and Colts weren't getting as people at their audintions then usual. And both corps want to try to get as many people as possible to try out, and they want to pass the word out that they still have spots open. Personnally I think it's a good idea if a World Class corps posts in the Open Class forums, and vice versa. They're getting the word out. Now if because of that, a World Class corps "steals" members from Open Class corps, and the Open Class corps are having trouble getting members, then there's a problem.

That would never happen

That would never happen

What's why I "what if".

As stated earlier, until the full vote next weekend, we are still not official until that time. After which, depending upon the outcome, we will then post in the appropriate section for the politically correct!! Thanks for the concern.

Randy

You can't be that Gullible? Good luck this year!