granted access to the World Class schedule

Im happy for the Teal Sound now being ( I assume ) moved from the Open Class Corps to the World Class Corps. Now maybe Im old, :smile: but can someone explain to me exactly what the above statement put out by DCI means ????? ...(granted access to the World Class schedule)... Are they now ALLOWED to LOOK at the WC schedule where before they didnt dare ?? Are they added to the WC schedule this year ?? Do they get to pick which WC shows they compete in this year ?? I dont get the Granted Access part at all and figured it was a good First Topic Post.

:smile: :smile:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I do believe Teal Sound is World Class.

We are now offically a World Class Corps!

Go Teal!

Edited by Steve Knob

Congrats, Teal and after last year, World Class is deserved IMO.

Teal Sound has made great strides in the past few months in the development of its operational processes to comply with the suggestions of the DCI Board of Directors. We are very pleased with the outcome of today's vote, but know that today's vote is not a rubber stamp on the rest of the season. We know that we have a lot of work to do to continue to prove to the DCI voting membership that we are worthy of classification as a World Class organization.

I'm sure that Randy can come on here and explain what the situation is, but my (uneducated) guess would be that Teal has the option now of performing as a world class corps, but is not yet a member corps of DCI.

In either case... CONGRATS to the Teal organization for this step forward :smile:

Congrats! Another great organization to add to WC Drum Corps.

(I say the more the merrier :smile: )

Teal Sound is now a World Class Drum & Bugle Corps that will now compete for a spot on Saturday Night Finals. They will be judged on the World Class sheets and expected to put out a product as such. What Teal hasn't been granted is full voting status and a few other privliges that do not affect the competition status of Teal, this will be look at after the 2010 season.

But for those looking to march in a World Class drum corps, Teal Sound is now an option for them.

Best,

Mike Steiner

Brass Staff

Marketing/Recruiting Director

Teal Sound