WV Strawberry Festival

we're staying at the bi-centennial in town.. leaving Friday am, should be there around 6-7 I think. Long drive from north of the border, and really hoping the weather holds..

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are staying at the University for $20 a day food/$20 a day room. Better deal than staying at a hotel. We leave at 3 pm today, I feel like crap and it won't get better till I am back home.

See ya up there!

Good luck with the rooms. Be prepared to adapt to just about anything. But like I said in previous post, meals are great.

Shenandoah Sound is now enroute to the parade. I unfortunately must stay behind and take care of something called "A job". Miss you guys! Have fun and see you tomorrow at practice!

Looks like I'll se some of you there. I am bringing my small little military academy band there.

Sorry I missed you Keith! I got reports that your group was great!

I saw you guys on Saturday! right next to us. We took 2nd in that parade and a 2nd in concert band too. My band isn't a marching band. Burlington Teen Tour Band was very good and we had a good time with their staff Thursday night. Very sociable! Met DrNik from United too. It took us forever to find strawberry shortcake...found it at the VFW.

Sorry I missed you Keith! I got reports that your group was great!

Hey Keith,

Its was great to finally meet you down there. I dont think that United Alumni has ever felt so welcomed as we were in Buckhannon. It was a great parade and show, well worth the 9 hr drive.

As it seems right now, there's a good possibility that we'll be back next year again. I just noticed on the the strawberry fest site that we tied for 1st place in the musical unit catagory with NYPD band.

My students want to go back again too. It was a great time! I think I will shelve the Friday night parade though and try to add a jazz ensemble next year. We took 2nd to Burlington Teen Tour Band...not bad! They were great!

Hey Keith,

Its was great to finally meet you down there. I dont think that United Alumni has ever felt so welcomed as we were in Buckhannon. It was a great parade and show, well worth the 9 hr drive.

As it seems right now, there's a good possibility that we'll be back next year again. I just noticed on the the strawberry fest site that we tied for 1st place in the musical unit catagory with NYPD band.

My students want to go back again too. It was a great time! I think I will shelve the Friday night parade though and try to add a jazz ensemble next year. We took 2nd to Burlington Teen Tour Band...not bad! They were great!
I had no idea until I talked to some teen tour parents that there were actually 3 parades . Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Teen tour marched all three of them.

We did too!

I had no idea until I talked to some teen tour parents that there were actually 3 parades . Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Teen tour marched all three of them.

it was good to meet you keith,,, put a face to a nic LOL... Yeah,,, it was a pretty good weekend,, had a blast. We even took some of our hornline and went to the Governors Inn and did a few tunes for the good folks there,,, in appreciation for the free lunch they gave us on saturday. My favourites were the lawnchair dads (u tube them I imagine),,,, and the NYPD was great as well... their drum major was with the Bushwackers at one time,,, he still plays mello with a corps, but can't recall which one right now..

Little health problem when I got home,, but all taken care of now,,,, looking forward to gettin back in action..