SoCal Dream To Host 1st Annual "Dream Invitational"

I'm gonna take a guess that the exhibition unit is City Sound.

How about the souvie area performance angle...or outside before the gates open? Would the rule apply to that??

Nope to both. If someone wants to do exhibition, (Freelancers, KAC, etc.) you must contact Mike Nash offline about any requirements and possibilities. director@socaldream.org

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope to both. If someone wants to do exhibition, (Freelancers, KAC, etc.) you must contact Mike Nash offline about any requirements and possibilities. director@socaldream.org

I know Mike's the contact point, but a small corps performing in the souvie area is something I haven't seen before...not sure if it's covered by the 30 member minimum, since it's not a corps technically on the field. I know Freelancers Alums did something outside last year (Stanford?), but I don't remember if they were 30 members, which would render the concern moot.

For all I know, DCI-P sayd 30 across the board, regardless of where they might be performing or how much they are part of the program.

Kind of a neat side note.

The "National Dream" or "The Dream" contest was one of the Best contests held in the East. Sponsored by "St. Vincent's Cadets". One of the most memerable held each year. With crowds of between 15 and 25,000 in the stands. Held at "Roosevelt Stadium" in Jersey City.

Now we have "Dream Invatational" at (E) Roosevelt High School, sponsored by the "Dream" All Age Corps in California.

Hope Yours, out there grows to be as Big and Memerable. Looks like a Great start. Good Luck!!!!!!!

(by the way for you younger ones and West Coast people. "The Dream" was a Junior/Senior contest. Had 5 or 6 Junior Corps in first 1/2. Then 5 or 6 Senior Corps in 2nd 1/2. It was a great Sunday in August each year.)

Edited by OldStyleCorps

Dude contact me, and I'll let you know...

The 30 rule is for performing corps in the show... go read a rule book man...

I know Mike's the contact point, but a small corps performing in the souvie area is something I haven't seen before...not sure if it's covered by the 30 member minimum, since it's not a corps technically on the field. I know Freelancers Alums did something outside last year (Stanford?), but I don't remember if they were 30 members, which would render the concern moot.

For all I know, DCI-P sayd 30 across the board, regardless of where they might be performing or how much they are part of the program.

Dude contact me, and I'll let you know...

The 30 rule is for performing corps in the show... go read a rule book man...

I can read the rules...unfortunately, a mini-corps playing in the souvie area COULD be considered "performing in the show," as they'd be within the area accessed by paying spectators.....it's a huge stretch, but I cold see it being used to deny something.

In any case, I've forwarded your info to those who run Generations in Blue (it's not me...I haven't been part of them since the 07 alum gigs), so we'll see if any of them contact you.

• 4 weeks later...
This show has just expanded by another corps....

Now attending the "Dream Invitational" From San Francisco California...The Renegades!

I believe we now have 17 corps. Gonna be a great Friday night show!!

Either start it earlier or invite the neighbors....sounds like it's gonna rock!

Go SoCal! Big show night! High Country Brass would love to be there as another DCA corps but we can't make the trip on that weekend. We have our 2 local shows that weekend, Drums along the Rockies and Drums in Loveland.

Hope to see you guys in Rochester over labor day!

Good luck!

mike

Go SoCal! Big show night! High Country Brass would love to be there as another DCA corps but we can't make the trip on that weekend. We have our 2 local shows that weekend, Drums along the Rockies and Drums in Loveland.

Hope to see you guys in Rochester over labor day!

Good luck!

mike

Maybe if I get En Garde running HCB can make it out!! It'd be awesome to have 5 Srs at a California show (and without Empire coming out to bump that number)

Edited by 84BDsop

Back in 05 when finals were in Foxboro, Mass Brass (Mini-Corps less than 30 members)

performed in the souvie area during quarter finals. But that was then, don't know if any rule

changes have taken place.