Capitol Brass Ensemble 1985-1993

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loved 93 CB when I finally saw them at prelims. fun show!

and Westshore did a little ICA after the reorganization in 84

and I agree with DA....two corps, one area...what potential. Personally, the fighting back and forth on here doesn't rewrite history, it just makes both groups look a little bad

Dude if thre wasnt ICA many corps probably would have folded or not become what they are now...especially Empire. But realizing that Crusaders and Steel City utilized ICA to keep themselves alive for a few sparse years,and Westshore also regrouped here makes it a worthwhile endeavor. In the 70's RCA did the same thing for corps like Erie, Guelph and Phoenix...

Donny

It amazes me how often the English language is misconstrued –

At no time were any words used to demean, belittle or what ever else YOU have construed to think that post meant – in any way

--- that letter by the way was a reply between former AG folks and was not a “post” per say on the site. A few of us were having a conversation about old times.

My original post on our web-site/DCP reply was discussing the coming together of 2 DCI corps incidentally, and the fact that it was 25 plus years ago when that happened and when it ended. . The fact that Knights & CB ( All Age Corps) came up during that time was avoided specifically and touched on briefly Tom- so that YOU wouldn’t think I was talking about you – as seems to be the case when ever ANYONE talks about local corps.

But alas … you managed to figure out how to twist it into what you want to think It says or doesn’t say in this case.

– None the less, as previously stated, I was sad to say that I never got to see any of the corps mentioned in the shows that you competed in and gave examples of such listed from your own web – site. How you got that I was insulting them or “dragged them in” in anyway behooves me. In fact, I got the impression from your original post that they were big corps at one time and was asking a legitimate question about rather or not there were any youtubes or recordings of those corps – in fact, I was thinking how I remembered hearing… and I am sure you can corroborate this since you were at some of the first meetings of Excelsior….

– that they , Excelsior- almost called themselves Excalibur - but it was ultimately voted down.

– As for why I was not around then … since you inquired … I was quite Pregnant – and raising a family - 5 children all together between 1989 and 2000 when I had my last one….. and when Excelsior popped up in 2004 I joined.

– My family joined in fact. As you so politely say … Do the math.

Donny – I couldn’t agree more about the forces coming together in the area to create a Super Corps--- But, alas – when the Excelsior powers at be suggested that –

(Before My Time of course ) The Director was told – not interested in DC at this time.

It was about 2 months later when yet another new DC/Ensemble popped up.

As far as ...who all marched in AG and CB and KNC – My husband and I are very familiar.

We (Excelsior) too have former CB folks – and we are well aware of your organization’s past

No insult was ever intended against you Tom or any corps mentioned after the fact.

No-one was taking away from you or your organizations accomplishments.

– I simply in the interest of peace avoided mentioning YOU – in MY Post.

Perhaps re-reading the post with a different mindset and less assumption… might help.

Ps- Just in case it is still not clear… at no time were there any insults implied, or other in any of these postings. – Read them.

I was simply replying to YOUR “Quoting” from MY conversation and notes. ~

As always - A pleasure

Donel Mataruga

....almost called themselves Excalibur - but it was ultimately voted down.

...cool. I didn't think anyone remembered us. There is still a few of us around...me, Jeff Gibbens, Tom Davenport (Damnimportant) :w00t: ... I was one of those guys who played clusters in 87, snare with a set of quads strapped on as well. Insane. We traded placements back & forth for a few years. Bill Hoyt snatched a beer right out of my hands as you snaked by! You guys and ourselves weren't great (87-90) but we had a really good time, shared adversity or something like that, and we were all hardcorps.

Peace.

Edited by Mike_B

Good luck to all capital district drum corps people...sorry about the drama.

No worries

I started the thread only to defend the history and memories of a bunch of people who worked hard for a long time to have a home town drum corps.

Done and done! :w00t:

It'll all turn out ok.

Mods.. please close this thread... Thanks!

Edited by capitalbrass