Great Camp!

jvona

We had another camp weekend at the Livingston County Hamptons Corners Complex, exit 7 off of 390, where we reviewed music for Segment 1, learned Segment 2 and started work on Reve Rouge! We worked on improving our marching style with the visual staff and their winter program AND had the first guard rehearsal for 2010! The food was fabulous, as always, and prepared by our own Leslie Amico, Corps Director.

What made this a GREAT CAMP, was seeing 11 new faces walk through the door! We have 4 new Pit members, 3 new Battery, 3 new Guard, and 1 returning (after a two year absence) Horn player. We also had another “vet” join the hornline for the weekend, “just for fun” and ALL of this during Valentine’s Day weekend! All of our stalwart members were pumped to see these “fresh” faces and see and hear what they learned during the camp.

If you are a fence sitting troll, or just curious, I am telling you to come visit our next camp February 27 & 28, 2010 at the Livingston County Hamptons Corners Complex

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too agree John what a great rehearsal weekend. Who would have thought that ELEVEN NEW MEMBERS on valentines weekend none the less. Cant wait for Feb. 27th and 28th. Like john said if your on the fence come check out the only corps in all of DCA that does not charge a membership tuition.

Some sweet snare sounds (at) Sabers!

I really enjoyed working with the snare line sunday and they came a long way in a short amount of time and had fun while doing so!

Drummers interested, Rob Z is a highly knowledgable rhythmic mind and will undoubtedly increase your mind chops and physical chops!

GOOD LUCK to the White Sabres this up coming season. I have a lot of good friends down there, any chance of going open?

GOOD LUCK to the White Sabres this up coming season. I have a lot of good friends down there, any chance of going open?

It really was a great camp! :w00t: So exciting to see all those new faces and to have the numbers adding up fast. As far as going open...... We won't rule anything out at this point. If the numbers are there come June 1st most likely that would be the obvious thing to do. Thanks for the Good Luck Wishes!

Leslie Amico

I would like to encourage anyone still sitting on the fence to come on down to our next camp on February 27th and 28th and check it out! We have a :rolleyes: Great Program, Great Staff, :rolleyes: Great Food, we always provide overnight accommodations on camp weekends, and....................... NO MEMBERSHIP DUES!!! We are just a short drive from Rochester, Syracuse, Buffalo and the Southern Tier! So, come on down!!! You will be so happy you did!

Leslie Amico

Edited by WSBusmgr

Tuphlem, what would it take to get you to check out our next rehearsal? I mean we already have great food, great staff, great people, and NO MEMBERSHIP DUES!!! The possibility of open class lingers, possibly an upgrade to the Uniforms?

Tuphlem, what would it take to get you to check out our next rehearsal? I mean we already have great food, great staff, great people, and NO MEMBERSHIP DUES!!! The possibility of open class lingers, possibly an upgrade to the Uniforms?

As a casual observer two things come to mind:

1-the funny looking plumes, they just don't seem to go with the head gear. My opinion is straight plumes go with shakos not brimmed hats. (mho)

2-seems you guys are the dark horse (over the past two years) only to be squashed at finals. Last year the A class belonged to any state not in the Northeast, and some of the shows were, well less movement than Alumni corps. You seem to do a lot of work to get disrespected by the "man".