Great Camp!

jvona

Tuphlem, Thank you for your honest opinions of the Uniforms, as well as your gracious words about the White Sabers being a Dark horse this upcoming season. We are currently working very aggressively this winter to strive for excellence in both the musical and visual aspects of our performance. As far as the plumes go I to fully agree with your statement (maybe an ostrich feather or two?)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a casual observer two things come to mind:

1-the funny looking plumes, they just don't seem to go with the head gear. My opinion is straight plumes go with shakos not brimmed hats. (mho)

2-seems you guys are the dark horse (over the past two years) only to be squashed at finals. Last year the A class belonged to any state not in the Northeast, and some of the shows were, well less movement than Alumni corps. You seem to do a lot of work to get disrespected by the "man".

...I don't know. I think A Class was judged fairly, even considering the corps I hoped to win didn't. That being the Grenadiers. Placements top to bottom were where each corps should have been, although I might disagree with some individual captions.

I agree with Kyle, Leslie, and Joe the staff has a renewed excitement and it shows in every practice! Being a Band Director (Euphonium Major Instrument) I must say that Rob has written some very challenging music for the battery that make me want to join the line. However, the horn book is nothing less than spectacular so I want to play in the line as well, oh the decisions! YOU (tuphlem and other lurkers) NEED TO COME CHECK OUT A PRACTICE, just one practice, no pressure to march the season just come see why we are so excited! We will not disappoint YOU!

Edited by jvona

I agree with Kyle, Leslie, and Joe the staff has a renewed excitement and it shows in every practice! Being a Band Director (Euphonium Major Instrument) I must say that Rob has written some very challenging music for the battery that make me want to join the line. However, the horn book is nothing less than spectacular so I want to play in the line as well, oh the decisions! YOU (tuphlem and other lurkers) NEED TO COME CHECK OUT A PRACTICE, just one practice, no pressure to march the season just come see why we are so excited! We will not disappoint YOU!

:shutup::tongue: :tongue: HUGE BUMP !!!!! :tongue::devil::smile:

John is absolutely correct. Come on down this weekend check things out on a completely non-commitment based look. I promise you this much; you won't leave feeling like you wasted your time, and that is for sure. Free membership dues, great food at a low price of $11 for the weekend, and a HOUSING SITE!!! Oh, and i forgot the key part you will instantly feel as if you are part of a family. A friend of mine said his first full weekend here "I have never felt this welcome and warm inside with a corps since my first year of drum corps, than I do now". He's not the first person I've heard similar things from either. We pride ourselves on family, therefore you feel a part of the family. If its a ride that's holding you back send me an email at Kylejsoccer04@yahoo.com I'll make sure you get here safely. Come check things out, you wont regret it.

As a casual observer two things come to mind:

1-the funny looking plumes, they just don't seem to go with the head gear. My opinion is straight plumes go with shakos not brimmed hats. (mho)

2-seems you guys are the dark horse (over the past two years) only to be squashed at finals. Last year the A class belonged to any state not in the Northeast, and some of the shows were, well less movement than Alumni corps. You seem to do a lot of work to get disrespected by the "man".

I would have to agree to # 2 however, we gotta keep on movin on!!!!

Less than 5 DAYS until our second camp of February, come on down and check things out Saturday and Sunday. Saturday starts at 2:30 and ends at 9 while Sunday we start back up with breakfast between 8-9 and stretches start promptly at 9 am. The weekend will conclude on Sunday at 2 in the afternoon. Free membership tuition, $11 for food the entire weekend, and a warm cozy place to stay with the rest of the corps. Don't miss out on what looks to be a great season.

3 days until your next opportunity to come visit the White Sabers Battery, Horn, or Pit sections! You have been waiting long enough, lurking and reading this thread for a couple of weeks, time to make that trip! Do yourself a favor, prevent splinters, and have some fun pay WS a visit!

Edited by jvona

2 MORE DAYS!!!!!!! until our next camp. If you are snowed in someplace in NY and want to come down and check out the camp please email me at kylejsoccer04@yahoo.com. I will find a way for you to arrive safely to our rehearsal. There will be hornline, drumline, and front ensemble practicing this weekend. We look forward to seeing you there. If your not sure just come down check things out, we won't throw any papers in your face your first weekend here.

Kyle is correct, White Sabers hand the music papers to politely and offer you a music stand to set them upon for rehearsal (the temptation was to great and I could not resist the humor!) 1 day left what time is it?