Biggest single season improvement in placement?

They tied for 10th with Freelancers in prelims, actually. Must have lost the coin flip, though, as they performed before Freelancers in finals.

Was the schedule really that tight? Guardsmen were third-to-last in the prelim performance order. If either of the following corps made the cut, they'd have had to head straight for the gate to perform again.

I think back then there was an earlier block for the previous year finalists, and then 13+ was scheduled where ever.

Div. II had to do this through the early 2000's at local shows all the time. I judged a Div. II show in Canada with over 40 corps in prelims. We ran behind for some reason and finished prelims about 20 minutes before finals. 10 corps then went back out and we judged 10 more. Judging 50 corps in one day will turn your mind to mush!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Div. II had to do this through the early 2000's at local shows all the time. I judged a Div. II show in Canada with over 40 corps in prelims. We ran behind for some reason and finished prelims about 20 minutes before finals. 10 corps then went back out and we judged 10 more. Judging 50 corps in one day will turn your mind to mush!

Normally, those contests had separate judging slates for prelims and finals, for that reason.