PM Magazine DCI short

Does anyone know what year the old program PM Magazine covered DCI

If so, what corps where shown?

Is it available somewhere?

I seem to remember Garfield, and SCV for sure, but wondered if anyone else had seen it.

Has there been any other more recent coverage of Drum Corps on a TV program besides ESPN?

If so, were these shown nationally or locally as far as you know?

Edited by jjeffeory

Does anyone know what year there was a short on the old program PM Magazine covering DCI?

Is it available somewhere?

Have there been any other more recent coverage of Drum Corps on TV besides ESPN?

It was 1984

It was 1984

How many times did PM Magazine cover drum corps?

I remember standing in Star Hall in the Staff room. There was a plaque on the wall with an article from ESPN talking about Drum Corps. In that article, they referenced PM Magazine coverage of DCI.

I believe that was 1987, and Star must have been the broadcast as well.

Actually, I remember VK, Star, BD, SCV, Cavaliers, Cadets, and Phantom. Does anyone else remember any more from that year?

What about these other years? Who was in them?

Has there been anything in the '90s or '00s?

In 1985, Spirit did a live thing on the local version of PM Magazine (Called PM Atlanta).

Not sure if it will work if you're not a Facebook friend with this person, but here's a video of that TV appearance...

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1043307037402

It works.... Thanks!

I remember PM Magazine following us around in 84. I never did see the program, though.

PM Magazine did a piece on teh Troopers in 1981 or 1982. If you find the year they marched with double rainbow flags in the guard, the PM Magazine piece ran that following fall.

So basically, PM Magazine covered DCI for several years through out the '80s. I wonder if DCI has these broadcasts in storage somewhere? It would be fun to see them and see what kind of coverage has been done in the past and compare it to today.