How About Tweaking the Activity Name?

When I was a band director, I had to drive through Harvey to get to my school. Is this what you want to represent the activity? (Fans of the movie "The Blues Brothers" will remember this.)

Oops! Is that a can of worms I just saw being opened? :smile:

Adolf is a fine name that some people are uncomfortable with. I'd hate for Harvey to suffer the same fate.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oops! Is that a can of worms I just saw being opened? :smile:

Adolf is a fine name that some people are uncomfortable with. I'd hate for Harvey to suffer the same fate.

In the case of the esteemed Mr. DeGrauwe, he had that name before the other guy achieved his greatest infamy. In the case of Harvey, Illinois; the city was founded in 1891 by Turlington W. Harvey. Since the name "Harvey" holds some not-so-glowing memories for me, I propose that if "Fred" doesn't pan out, we call the activity "Turlington" to appease the Harvey Borg.

Genius! Who says there's no room for constructive compromise in today's political discourse!?! :smile:

there_is_no_off_position_on_the_genius_switch_tshirt-p235464863381446207q6ws_400.jpg