After the scores?

You mean to tell me the corps dont leave the field in reverse order of finish, in a make shift parade formation, past in winning corps to salute them ??? :smile: What a bunch of garbage !!! :smile:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean to tell me the corps dont leave the field in reverse order of finish, in a make shift parade formation, past in winning corps to salute them ??? :smile: What a bunch of garbage !!! :smile:

That has not happened since the mid-90's, and while I totally understand the intent of the change, I do miss that aspect of drum corps. Some of my fondest memories as a fan were of watching corps play their corps song, or other stand still chart, in tribute to the Champions.

hmmmmmm. Give me a clue then, what was the intent of the change ?? I dont see it at all.... :smile::smile:

I think the intent was to get corps off the field quicker to minimize clean up time after the event. The sooner the corps leave, the sooner staff can start cleaning up thus saving money by not having to pay too much for over time, and such.

Up until 2008, the massed corps would play "America the Beautiful/O Canada", conducted by the drum major of the winning corps.

It was 2005 Boss,

2006 was that Simple Gifts thing

2007 was America the Beautiful/ patriotic songs jammed together.

Same with 2008, which is the year in which somebody messed it up for all of us.

America O Canada was by far the best, not just for tradition's sake, but the arrangement was far superior and more to the point.

Never been to finals, but what happens after the scores are announced?

audible sounds immediately heard of of groans, cheers, a few boos...... (and an occasional cry from an infant where there was no babysitter apparently available that night.)

Edited by BRASSO

We then we go back to something called...LIFE!

The time after hearing the scores is like being woken up after a 3-month long coma.....you hear the scores, and next thing you know your body looks different (for better....or mostly worse). And you feel like you just got dumped back to a foreign planet when you start watching CNN news for the first time since....how long.....

You just realize you no longer have to raise your hand to sprint to the restroom....

You are no longer being woken up with music and hearing the words "Good morning (insert drum corps)"....

You realize you are no longer being run by a set schedule but you have to create one yourself.....

You realize there are no volunteers cooking food for you 24/7 but you have to make food yourself (or buy it)....

You realize that now you have to drive to get yourself around instead of walking, running, and riding a cold bus at nights....

You go from "laundry days" every 2 weeks to less than 1 week....oh, and did you throw away your rehearsal and show socks? That would be all 30 pairs....

You get culture shock from leaving the drum corps world.....and you still get occasional drum corps dreams/nightmares (to this day)..

You no longer hear the words "reset" or "AGAIN!"

You no longer have to polish your dinkles or clean your horn...

You realize you can oversleep as long as you can, but instead of affecting the entire drum corps, you are not affecting anybody but yourself, good or bad....

What else am I missing???

Edited by bccadet09

The time after hearing the scores is like being woken up after a 3-month long coma.....you hear the scores, and next thing you know your body looks different (for better....or mostly worse). And you feel like you just got dumped back to a foreign planet when you start watching CNN news for the first time since....how long.....

You just realize you no longer have to raise your hand to sprint to the restroom....

You are no longer being woken up with music and hearing the words "Good morning (insert drum corps)"....

You realize you are no longer being run by a set schedule but you have to create one yourself.....

You realize there are no volunteers cooking food for you 24/7 but you have to make food yourself (or buy it)....

You realize that now you have to drive to get yourself around instead of walking, running, and riding a cold bus at nights....

You go from "laundry days" every 2 weeks to less than 1 week....oh, and did you throw away your rehearsal and show socks? That would be all 30 pairs....

You get culture shock from leaving the drum corps world.....and you still get occasional drum corps dreams/nightmares (to this day)..

You no longer hear the words "reset" or "AGAIN!"

You no longer have to polish your dinkles or clean your horn...

You realize you can oversleep as long as you can, but instead of affecting the entire drum corps, you are not affecting anybody but yourself, good or bad....

What else am I missing???

Sounds like y'all need a DCI therapist, Post-Marching Syndrome (PMS for short) :smile: