Favorite Shows

houstonbaby

So... now that we are fully into this winterguard season, what are everyones favorite shows they've seen so far?

Personally, my favorites so far have to be Cypress Independent, Mansfield HS, and Little Elm HS. All these guards are making Texas proud! Keep up the great work everyone!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Blessed Sac - the Fan Network videos don't do it justice - you have to see it live to really see all that they are doing - the rifle book is so, so great!

I love that Pride is trying something totally different - it seems more like performance art than color guard - I can't wait to see it live

Father Ryan figured out how to design a fun show with a small guard that just works!

Later,

Mike

Well, I just watched some shows on the Fan Network - here's a listing of my fav. shows thus far for 2010:

Black Watch

Onyx

Lincoln Way High School

Fantasia

James Logan High School

Collins Hill High School

Milford High School

Blessed Sacrament

Pride of Cincinnati

Sonnor

Marian Catholic High School

Arcadia High School

Mechanicsburg High School

Watched some from FAn Newtork and been to a few Regionals

Some of my Favorites are:

James Logan..........Different, Wow, contemporary

Pride.....................Again setting a new standard as world class "SHOULD "

Onyx.....................A League of their own......Congrats

Sac........................Great equipment

Medea A.................Simple but very nice

North East Ind.........Very controled aand confident...just wish they didn't reveret back. But great

Cypress Creed HS.....Beautiful and graceful

Fahreheit World.........Beautiful, subtle, fresh, great flag block

Trumbull HS..............Aggressive, different ( for them ) well ltrained

Flanagan HS.............Strong, aggressive, powerful. ( same as always but still like them )

Fahrenheit A............Different, memorable, strong, great flag statements

Braddock................No Booty..lol..yeahhhhh....great movement

Ars Nova................i keep going both ways on this one but i think i like them.. some cool equipment moments. Certainly better in person than on video

Ayala HS................Strong, Dynamic, great equipment book

Code Black.............Strong, confident, nice movement

Like many ,good luck to all of you..I guess with my list you can figure out who I DON"T like....lol.. I PLEAD THE 5TH...........hehehehehehe

OOPS how can I forget AVON ...although I think the video doenst do them justice

Watched some from FAn Newtork and been to a few Regionals

Some of my Favorites are:

James Logan..........Different, Wow, contemporary

Pride.....................Again setting a new standard as world class "SHOULD "

Onyx.....................A League of their own......Congrats

Sac........................Great equipment

Medea A.................Simple but very nice

North East Ind.........Very controled aand confident...just wish they didn't reveret back. But great

Cypress Creed HS.....Beautiful and graceful

Fahreheit World.........Beautiful, subtle, fresh, great flag block

Trumbull HS..............Aggressive, different ( for them ) well ltrained

Flanagan HS.............Strong, aggressive, powerful. ( same as always but still like them )

Fahrenheit A............Different, memorable, strong, great flag statements

Braddock................No Booty..lol..yeahhhhh....great movement

Ars Nova................i keep going both ways on this one but i think i like them.. some cool equipment moments. Certainly better in person than on video

Ayala HS................Strong, Dynamic, great equipment book

Code Black.............Strong, confident, nice movement

Like many ,good luck to all of you..I guess with my list you can figure out who I DON"T like....lol.. I PLEAD THE 5TH...........hehehehehehe

OOPS how can I forget AVON ...although I think the video doenst do them justice

UGHHHH sorry Type Os i shouldnt post and run..lol

hmmm... I really like the following thus far

First Flight

Onyx

Alter Ego

Braddock

Black Watch

Blessed Sac

Flanagan HS

Avon HS

James Logan HS

Trumbull HS

Mansfield HS (mainly because they are doing Sigur Ros, hehehe)

Little Elm HS

Union HS (I love their flag book!!)

Spring HS

Westerville HS

Denham Springs HS

I really am enjoying the SA guards in Texas, I think out of all of the SA guards I have seen thus far, Little Elm HS has the best shot at winning this year!

Edited by cmguard87

I just purchased Fan Network for this year and I have to say........I DON'T love anyone this year. I hope that changes after a few more viewings. I like Santa Clara and find their tarp interesting. I like Logan but so many others just have remixes of their previous shows, Flanagan especially. I like Sac but is it me or do they look like SCV from last year? I have yet to watch Avon, and Braddock two guards I usually like. I need to watch Warren Central because I LOVED them last year. I know this sounds bad but I do NOT like Pride.......at all

So... now that we are fully into this winterguard season, what are everyones favorite shows they've seen so far?

using the winterguardnetwork.com because i can see the shows better with more closeups and tell the work, here's my list.

Braddock - the closeup cam shows why this guard must be taken very seriously. and they are entertaining in a way the activity really needs.

CrownGuard ~ beautiful, exciting, emotional

West Broward - I like watching this new guard so fresh, coming out of nowhere. prefer watching them when you can see what they are doing

Timber Creek - powerful and very mature

Collins Hill HS ~ what a cool show, didn't like nashville version, looks incredible now.

Walled Lake HS - just great for open class, the floors are so cool.

FIU - just incredible move from class a last year. exciting, great drill, great solos

I really think the winterguardnetwork site should tell people about this very cool feature they have called 'national guards' in the menu that i think is showing you shortcuts to all the groups going to wgi.

not that anyone is that interested on this board, but TCI percussion is probably the best percussion group florida has ever had and if you guard people would check out their show sometime it is amazing. Looking forward to the boca percussion regional this weekend.

wgi guards and drums