Favorite Shows

houstonbaby

It is definitely you because Sac looks NOTHING like SCV '09!

I just purchased Fan Network for this year and I have to say........I DON'T love anyone this year. I hope that changes after a few more viewings. I like Santa Clara and find their tarp interesting. I like Logan but so many others just have remixes of their previous shows, Flanagan especially. I like Sac but is it me or do they look like SCV from last year? I have yet to watch Avon, and Braddock two guards I usually like. I need to watch Warren Central because I LOVED them last year. I know this sounds bad but I do NOT like Pride.......at all

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK so I just watched Braddock - I really like them this year. The whole toss feature culminating in the circle toss exchange is wicked cool! I wasn't sure about it when I heard the theme - but it really works.

Farenheit's closing flag feature is gorgeous !

Alter Ego also has one of the best color schemes and costumes this year - just a really pretty show!

Later,

Mike

I'd just like to add

I think alot of these shows need to be seen live to truly do them justice. I wasn't too hot on the shows this year either - until I went to the last 2 regionals and saw them in person - it's completely different.

Later,

Mike

santa clara vanguard

carmel

center grove

:tongue:

Based on viewing the WGI Fan Network and two regionals I have attended here are some stand outs for me based on creativity, uniqueness, nerve and talent. (Name that TV show!)

In random order:

1. Pride of Cincinnati (very new for the activity, such over-the-top theatrics. Makes me smile and think about the relevancy to today.)

2. Onyx (they should win, hands down. Loads of depth and challenge in their program. Who cares about a few ripples? Gives me goosebumps every time.)

3. Braddock (talk about a change for the better! Thank you Braddock for being provocative and entertaining yet tasteful and intellectual.)

4. Cypress Independent (where did this team come from? They're great! Talk about a strong first impression...)

5. Carmel HS (the best training and strongest writing in the SW class, if they don't medal I'll be stunned. How do you get HS kids to do that???)

6. Arcadia HS (a group I rarely pay attention to, however they're *gorgeous* this year and the dance/eqpt. writing is fab, along with a unique soundtrack.)

7. James Logan HS (such an improvement over last year - which IMHO was simply awful. Glad to see you back Logan.)

7. Center Grove HS (good things come in small packages and this interesting take on simplicity once again showcases CG's strength of design.)

8. Centerville HS (I love a dramatic period production and this show doesn't disappoint. Glad to see them back in the game with their best show to date.)

9. Eklipse (super sexy and man can those kids spin! With such strong training I anticipate they will medal in April.)

10. Capella (I don't think anyone in IO that I have seen moves as well as these performers; whomever does their dance should be proud.)

11. O2 (I have seen this live and the video doesn't do it justice. It's simplicity and chicness really pulls you in to the program in person.)

12. Mission Viejo (always the bridesmaid, never the bride. I hope this uber-talented team is recognized for their strong design this year by people!)

13. Homestead (Florida could be bringing home another SO medal if this amazing group keeps growing and doesn't stall out. Awesome show!)

14. Greenfield Central (if you don't smile during this show then you should check your pulse. Packing a whollop of weapon work and super fun soundtrack.)

Here's some "A" class groups that I will make it a point to see one more time in April (*hopefully in finals*) based on what I've seen:

1. Artistry in Blue

2. Code Black

3. Ars Nova

4. Blessed Sac "A"

5. Collins Hill

6. Little Elm

7. Lincon-way

8. Bellbrook

9. Union

:tongue:

The poster whop thought Sac looked like SCV I think it's the dresses that do that

Cypress Ind. I saw them at a regional and frankly I dont get it...looks like a realllll good open Guard to me Boring.

Like Braddock ( Only saw on Fan Net )

Love Onyx ( Fan net )

Like Fahrenheit ( Alot , A & World )

Like Carmel

Love Logan

Like Flanagan ( But the same stuff )

Like Black Watch ( BUT looks like a late 80s or 90s show )

Like Trumbull HS

Like Crown ( Fan Net viewing )

after watching again, I think it is the dresses and the color scheme from 08 that made me think of SCV... and I think I might LOVE Warren Central. Actually SW will be the most interesting contest this year in my opinion

The poster whop thought Sac looked like SCV I think it's the dresses that do that

Cypress Ind. I saw them at a regional and frankly I dont get it...looks like a realllll good open Guard to me Boring.

Like Braddock ( Only saw on Fan Net )

Love Onyx ( Fan net )

Like Fahrenheit ( Alot , A & World )

Like Carmel

Love Logan

Like Flanagan ( But the same stuff )

Like Trumbull HS

Like Crown ( Fan Net viewing )

This is a good thing....we need to infuse some old texture from the past with today`s programs. Mix it up.....it will work.

This is a good thing....we need to infuse some old texture from the past with today`s programs. Mix it up.....it will work.

To infuse from other decades is fine BUT ( To Me ) I think i saw that drill in a 1985 video. Taking things from other decades is fine but to look like you stepped out of a 1985 video..hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......To each his own I guess. That's what makes this activity unique and ALWAYS not predictable and FORE SURE debateable!